Thread: New Here? Read this Thread for FAQ's on Tires, Lifts and Spacers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Q: What is wheel offset and how does it effect my Commander?

A: Offset is the distance from the mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel, expressed in millimeters. Positive offset means that the wheels are pushed inboard towards the centerline of the car like a car with front wheel drive. Negative means that the wheels are moved outboard towards the fenders, widening the track

Here is a link that explains how to convert offset to back spacing. Keep in mind that some wheels only list the offset http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/t...p?bulletin=s10

Q: What is the smallest size wheel that will fit on my Jeep Commander?

A: The smallest size wheel that will fit on the Jeep Commander is the stock size, which is a 17" Wheel. The 16" wheels won't clear the front brake calipers. Some 17" wheels will require at least a custom 1" wheel spacer to clear the brake caliper due to the design. The 17" JK Rubicon wheel is one of them.

Q: What is the bolt pattern of my stock wheels?

A: The Jeep Commander wheel bolt pattern is 5 on 5. It shares the same bolt pattern as the JK Wrangler and the WJ Grand Cherokee. So make sure when ordering wheels or spacers that you get the correct bolt pattern.

Q: What is the width and back spacing of the stock Commander wheels?

A: The stock wheel is a 17x7.5 and has 6" of back spacing.

Q: What size wheels other then stock can I run on my Commander?

A: When looking for new wheels you will see that they come in a variety of different sizes and widths ranging from 17x7.5 to 17x9 and so on to include bigger wheels such as 18", 19", 20" etc. You can fit larger wheels on the commander as long as they have the proper back spacing and bolt pattern. You will just have to get a tire size that would be equivalent to the stock tire size that comes on the Commander.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 06-12-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Thread Information