Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering Selling my Commander...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I've learned my lessons over the years trading in my trucks with nothing wrong with them for new ones. Something I don't plan on doing ever again. I think you would have to find a specialized buyer and they never pay for what you have put in it. Maybe converting back to stock would make it easier to sell.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Most likely I will not find the deal I want, I wish the Commander had a couple more production years but we lost that fight. Ten years from now I will still be here with my 2006! If someone would give me $30,000 for my 2006 then I would do it but anything less is just a waste of money on my end.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    I think you will hav a hard time finding a 2010 that has all that you hav, especially for the price.I doubt you will find a Commander with QD2 and a hemi with out gettn a limited.QD2 is not standard anymore withe the Hemi, so you might get stuck with qt2.sure that's an ok system but in your case it would be a step backwards and I know you will notice it with your offroading trips.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

And YES when I saw this thread I thot WTF.I was think what are you doing---you lead us all out here into the wilderness and left us! I just made the leap to this place and was worried you were hang it up.
    Maybe the thread title shld be "thinkn of upgrading my commander;current one for sale."
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Too funny... No I will not leave or depart from you. The Commander I found had EVERYTHING I wanted but I had to come up with $10,000 difference so I will NOT be selling or trading for the being.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Ok, I'll give you:
    $50 for the super sliders
    $10 for the front bumper...it'll be hard to find parts should that one fail and that makes it cheap
    $2 for one axle set of the spidertrax spacers
    $shipping for the snorkel....hey it doesn't even have an antenna hole.

so, what do you say? deal? lol

Look at it this way, pay it off set it up to be a good expedition vehicle and keep the miles down. You'll be enjoying her for years. Our 07 already has 67k on the odo and I plan to have to build an engine, transfer case, both axles, transmission and roll it more than 200k before I purchase something else. The depreciation of these vehicles is so great that it's hard to justify buying one in the first place...almost like taking 15 or 20k and burning it so you can drive a vehicle for 3 to 6 years...doesn't really add up. However if you keep it and beat on it until you're just sick of rebuilding the same bucket over and over...then you get your money's worth.

But I think that everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchin hobo View Post
    so, what do you say? deal? lol

Look at it this way, pay it off set it up to be a good expedition vehicle and keep the miles down.
    Sorry... No deal

It is paid off and low mileage so I guess I will have to live with it!

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

actually 10,000 doesnt sound all that bad, of a difference, for a NEW 2010. And i bet you could get them down to 8000. then you would be able to take off all your mods, other than the bumpers, which you will be able to re build anyway. Then you would have the newest possible year they made. I change my mind on the trade and say to do it....so long as you get the QDII on it-- I wouldnt want to have to winch you!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    So are you saying you can get yourself in a new 2010 and only owe $10,000 on it? If this is the case, then id jump on that. I owe more then that on my 2007 that I have owned for over 3 years now.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    So are you saying you can get yourself in a new 2010 and only owe $10,000 on it? If this is the case, then id jump on that. I owe more then that on my 2007 that I have owned for over 3 years now.
    Yes, but do I want another car payment when my current one is paid off?

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information