Thread: Ped4599's Garage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    I decided on the Rugged Ridge 8500 with synthetic 16000 Lb. line from AutoAnything.com. I had a special coupon and free shipping so i got a good price on it.
    I got a winch cradle, a snatch block pulley, and a couple set of quick connects from Promark (formerly Gorilla winches).

I decided not to put the arm/handles on the winch tray. They are nice for carrying it but is looks better without them if i decide to drive around with it on. With the 4xguard Matrix system, it almost looks like its all part of the package.

I got a short 1 Ga. cable and wired it up to a shut off.

An idea I stole from Huey. I taped up the connectors to seal them and then used giant heavy duty zip ties to hold it securely in place. I seems to work very well as I tested it after the install.

I have hidden quick connects so its an easy hook up and removal, and the Front guard hide it all well when tucked behind....plus its very well protected.

Last edited by ped4599; 10-04-2010 at 04:15 AM.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Thread Information