Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ped4599's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Well its no longer brand new.Got almost 600 miles on it. Went home for Easter to visit family in Iowa and had to leave the pavement. Did not go offroading, but had to drive on gravel and just getting to my family's farm is a small dose of offroad driving in its self.
    I had to take a few "portraits" of the 2010 while it is still stock, since the lift is on the way.

2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Everthing i ordered was on BACKORDER.
    Rocky Rock road 2.25 was 4 weeks behind.
    SpiderTrax 1.5 spacers were a few weeks behind.
    The spacers finally came in and sat in the garage with the tires and rims till the lift showed up.
    Here are the spacers I got.

2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

The lift finally came in and i took it to the dealer for the install and alignment.

It gained 2.25 inches in the back and almost 3 in the front.

here it is with the lift...

I put the spacers on and the NEW Maxxis 265-70/17tires with the JK rims from last years camp XK.

It leveled it off and it turned out pretty well.

here is a shot of it with the lift, spacers and tires.

I got my roof rack on and took a few picts.
    I now have 1,700 miles on it, so i decided it was time to get it out for some "testing"......well mostly i just wanted to get some dirt on it so that "new" feeling will go away and i can use it for what I bought it for!

I spent a little time testing out the offroad ability in my only arena....where i have test 4 wheelers, My old commander with qt1, many 4x4 pickups, a jeep wrangler, and even tractors......on my parents farm. Though the elevation does not compare to places like colorado, or any of the ORV parks i have been too, there is plenty of rugged terrain to try different things on.

and ofcourse i got a lecture from my mother about being careful and not rolling a $50,000 vehicle before it even has 2000 miles on it.(thanks mom, i will do my best not to.Even in my 30s, mom knows best, i guess)
    It was funny, though to see her face as i crossed some very deep and rugged gullies, and had tires a few feet off the ground.

I talked my wife into going along for some of it, thinking she would video, but no dice!...she wouldnt get out of the vehicle since it was muddy in places.

So i am set up now for my tire and roof rack switching. Got a floor jack, impact wrench/gun, etc.I decided to keep the roof rack and MT tires in the garage and only put them on when they are needed. It takes about 10-15 min to swap the four tires and about 7-8 minutes to throw the rack on.

It will not fit in my garage with the roof rack on anyway.
    I leave the 1.5 spacers still on the wheels when I go back to the chrome wheels/stock tires.

Behold:

4xguard!!!!!!!!

Wait for it!!
    Wait for it!!!!!

!!!!

After all the talk about the 4xguard having some problems with the paint. I got my stuff and did a complete and detailed inspection of every piece that came out of the "piles and piles" of packing! This stuff was packed very very well!!!

The result of my inspection was the the 4xguard stuff that I got was FLAWLESS!
    and I was very impressed at the shiny, metallic paint on the front guard and the cross plate for the matrix. Its exactly what I had hoped for! Stainless steel would have been the only thing that could top that coloring, for my rig.

I went to town on my 4xguard stuff.....and made a mess of my garage but i got it all done in one long after noon.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information