Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ped4599's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar

The matrix is solid.

I think the best tool for me, on this install was the IMPACT WRENCH/GUN!
    I dont thing i could have gotten it so snugged up and solid with out it

2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

the front guard was very heavy and by the end of the day my arms were tired and it was all i could do the lay on my back and get the bolts started.....needless to say, i hit them with the impact!

2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

I was able to take my time and do some very careful surgery on the plastic facia, and only has to cut a tiny bit away to make it work.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Beautiful Commander. There is something about a black vehicle that really just makes me smile. I'm waiting for my front skid now. Can't wait to put it on.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

The temp came up as i was working so i was soaked in sweat, and my garage was a mess, but I got it all done and am very happy with it all.

I even took a cheep plastic hitch plug and attached the OEM Lic. Plate holder to it.
    (AND NO, I am not scared if you have my plate NUMBER---if you want to track me down that badly, come on over and i will buy you a beer....call ahead for you favorite brand/flavor. I will even get you a lead cocktail. Just pick your caliber.)

Just posting a few photos of the total package so far.

Here is a video with my first real test of what the new 2010 is like

Last edited by ped4599; 10-04-2010 at 12:31 AM.

NOTE on 4xguard Belly guard:

After this trip to the Tuttle Creek ORV park in KANSAS, I inspected the underside and saw that I took some pretty hard hits on the skids. The good news is that the 4xguard Belly guard no doubt saved me from damage to some of the vehicle parts. I can see where it hit the belly guard, but ofcourse there is no damage to the Jeep. I think all the skids held up very well!

I decided on the Rugged Ridge 8500 with synthetic 16000 Lb. line from AutoAnything.com. I had a special coupon and free shipping so i got a good price on it.
    I got a winch cradle, a snatch block pulley, and a couple set of quick connects from Promark (formerly Gorilla winches).

I decided not to put the arm/handles on the winch tray. They are nice for carrying it but is looks better without them if i decide to drive around with it on. With the 4xguard Matrix system, it almost looks like its all part of the package.

I got a short 1 Ga. cable and wired it up to a shut off.

An idea I stole from Huey. I taped up the connectors to seal them and then used giant heavy duty zip ties to hold it securely in place. I seems to work very well as I tested it after the install.

I have hidden quick connects so its an easy hook up and removal, and the Front guard hide it all well when tucked behind....plus its very well protected.

Last edited by ped4599; 10-04-2010 at 04:15 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information