Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ped4599's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Here are a few shots of the package. I wish it sat up higher cause where the recieve sits under the bumper, the winch will cause a loss of approach angle if it were left on, but its pretty nice over all.

2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Here are some photos from my week in the wilderness, and my 2010 Commander's maiden deer hunting voyage. As usual, the Commander proved to be the best hunting rig I could ask for.

This is my camp back in the middle of "no where" Nebraska, several miles from any town.

2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    That camper looks really cool.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Mighty fine rig you have! I like the progression with the mods that you show.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

I finally made my rear extension for my winch. I forgot to post it back when I made it and just ran across this photo I took. I found a 2 ga. heavy truck cable which met all the rating requirement to match the winch cables. I cut the end off and put in the quick connects to hook to my winch so i can use it in the back of the vehicle...or use the winch on another vehicle if they are not wired for the quick connects. And it can be used as a jumper cable still if needed.

I got my rear sliders yesterday....in the middle of a snow storm! we had a warm spell last week when i ordered them and was hoping it would stay in the 60s like it was then, but not we are back in the teens and have several more inches a of snow.....so these will stay in the box til it warms up. I also got my side guards rock rails, but it will be the same for them...they will stay in the box till i get a warm day to work on them.

So due to all the snow storms we had the rear sliders sat on the shelf for a week or so but it finally warmed up a little bit and i went to work on installing them.

I could tell just by holding them that they were the real deal. they are heavy and very solid!

I went over the instructions and followed them down the list for the most part. One thing I had to double check was that they were to be mounted on the out sides of the frame rails. I knew that was where they went, but it never actually said that. I didn't want to put them on wrong.
    I found the mounting holes and drilled them out.

.....after removing the spare tire.......

there is a small wire you are suppose to move for a bit while you drill then put it back, but for some reason the rear guard covered part of the hole so I tucked it up out of the way. Here is the wire.

Then i marked the spot for the 3rd hole. since the muffler wouldn't alllow you to drill this side using the sliders as the template once in place.Even with this method, i was still off a bit and to ream the hole a lot. I was off by almost an entire hole.

Once I got it all set i painted the holes that i drilled to help prevent some rusting. then set the space i from the bumper.

ONE small issue I had was that the third bolt was only 2 inches, where the first were 3inch. i am not sure if my rails are wider then others on the 2010...but i could not make the 2 inch bold work, so I went to the store and got a matching 3 inch bolt and that worked well. If you use the 3rd hole option, you may want to be prepared for this.

Once I got them both on, I set the spacing how I wanted it and locked them down.

I got 4 matching screw pin D ring loops so i could have a matched set on front and back.

I mounted the loops and put tiny zip ties on each side of the loops to keep the play from letting them rattle...i zipped them tight so the loops wont swing.

I like them. The sliders add a whole new look to the rear bumper.

Side guards

I got my side guards and got them installed. I am very happy with them.

They were very very heavy!

I removed the plastic rails. If you have ever been off the pavement, i promise you will have dirt up inside there...no matter how well you wash your car. when you are removing the plastic ones, be ready for a face full of dirt.

I got all set up. i was by my self so I used a piece of packing and covered a jack stand to hold the one end while i start the process.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information