Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ped4599's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    cool glad it worked out looking forward to the photos. Can you include a complete rubbing report while your at it. The only reason I have not run the spacers is because I knew they would cause rubbing issues were I have non right now but I also cut or destroyed most of my front wheel wells LOL
    Here is the rubbing on the wheel fender that I have.

Its a very small spot on the passenger side, and a tiny spot on the driver's side. It only happens when turning the wheel to the right while backing up. This is on normal conditions, of course....WHILE trail riding, all bets are off since rubbing will happen at full flex even with a stock set up.
    Last edited by ped4599; 03-19-2011 at 06:59 PM.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

I used a the heat gun and molded the plastic to keep the tire from rubbing as bad. I can barely notice it now....in fact i can not even hear it now....i only know it does it since it i can see it when the wheel is turned.

You can see how it was rubbing, but here you can see how the molding dips back away from the tire. I just heated it till it was very soft and then pushed it back with a 2x4 and some tools.

You can also see in this above photo that by heating and molding, I was able to get the body to fit flush and tight to the side guard. In person, its very awesome considering its an aftermarket ad on.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Sweet set up bro, looking good. Thanks for the shots if I ever get spacers I'll have to do this as well.

I got my rear differential cover from 4xguard a few months back and took a few photos but had not yet put them here on my garage. Here is my set up. I had the front and rear diffs oil changed right after since it was due. I had no issues but wanted to wait for that service just incase. The deal seemed to have no issue with the service since the guard has the hole for the oil plug and they just popped it out and sucked the oil out and replaced through that hole.They never said anything about it being an issue.

4xg stickers

I know I told myself I wasn't going to put product stickers the outside of my vehicle. I have been putting them all underneath on the skid plates. The guys that service my vehicle get a kick out of that when the lift it in the air for the service. However, I finally did put a 4xG sticker on each window on the rear, and then finally added my domed 4xg side guard stickers. I finally realized that I can barely call this vehicle a Jeep.....not for the reasons some many people have, when they say its now a real Jeep....but because its about 1/3 4guard. Its almost to the point that if I were to get anymore 4xg stuff, I would have to take the Jeep letters off the hood.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Where is the XK-Forum.com sticker?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

I dont have an XK-forum sticker. I would like to get 2 of them. I am planning to buy them once I find a sales rep. Anybody know a good rep?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
    I dont have an XK-forum sticker. I would like to get 2 of them. I am planning to buy them once I find a sales rep. Anybody know a good rep?
    I heard there will be some at WC Camp Commander!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Hey I second that I want a sticker as well, can you buy them from someone on here?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information