Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exporting Commander bumpers

I have seen the SA bumpers before and they look very nice, a little too Ralley but very nice. But, unfortunately, for the money to bring them in, you could buy another 4x4 to use on the trails.

Doc, I checked your facebook and the bumper turned out very nice...have you done a front one yet? Are these something you can make again for other Commander guys? How much? any chance of shipping to Canada?
    '07, 4.7L, QTII, 2" lift, T-boddy spacer, flowmaster 40, HID's, CB, JVC nav/DVD, 245/75/17 Wrangler Territory's, Superchips, 6' roofrack with 8 lights, LTD grab handles, rear storage compartment, chassis rock lights, clinometer, yadda, yadda, yadda

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While I agree with some of the facts posted here, I am a little suprised at the tone of this thread. If someone thinks they have a better looking product, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and only an opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs, and this forum is a great place for them to trumpet it to the world.

Debating the merits of manufacturing methods, engineering types, options, and overall quality are healthy things and lead to improvements and better products for us all. The tone of some of the above posts is worrisome to me though that we may, as a community, be heading into a "my way is the only right way" perspective. I love that we have an open forum, with many different opinions, and Arrie is someone who has a lot of great information to share. Arrie also has a vastly different perspective than many of us do, based on being out of country and in a desert area unlike most of the U.S. (Yes, I know some of us on the forum live in the desert, but many do not.)

When I bought my XK and found the "other forum" that many of us started on, continuing on into Knappster's Ultimate XK Forum, I have been treated to perspectives and experience I would have no other way to access. How else would I hear about what XK owners on the other side of the planet think is cool?
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Very well said, my friend.

As I noted above, how Arrie and co. price, design, or even advertise their product is their business. Let's all just be glad other folks out there are trying to promote these vehicles as the off-road beasts they are. That's good for everyone, I should think.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Hey Doc do you have a website?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fco27 View Post
    Hey Doc do you have a website?
    Looks like it is a work in progress:

http://www.stonesoupmetalworks.com/

But you can Click Here to see his work on Facebook.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    tanx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information