Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exporting Commander bumpers

They are a bit pricy but the are the best looking bumbers out threre , I think and they are very strong. Cause in SA we have to make sure that they are air bag proof. I have once bumped the full wieght of the Commander on the front bumber while comming down a obstical and it did not eaven moove.
    |________0000_
    l[__][__][_\\____\___
    l-- ________--|[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)---------(o)_)-0-)_)
    I work off shore so that I can play Off road..lol

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrie View Post
    They are a bit pricy but the are the best looking bumbers out threre , I think and they are very strong. Cause in SA we have to make sure that they are air bag proof. I have once bumped the full wieght of the Commander on the front bumber while comming down a obstical and it did not eaven moove.
    wow, i'm almost insulted by this... you aren't even a sponsoring vendor & you are talking trash about about my work... but at least my work is affordable.
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Exactly. That's kind of messed up to say that. I highly doubt that your going to sell those bumpers for that price regardless. Doc can build us front and rear bumpers for probablly the same price as the cost of one bumper to include shipping to the U.S.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I have to say I love the look of your XK those bumpers are really nice. I do have to agree that the price is a little unrealistic for someone like me as well. I can't see justifying twice the price over what we can get here especially since functionality is the most important part then price then looks bringing up the rear. I think to get some action on these the price needs to come way down especially considering the shipping costs and then the logistics if there is a problem with the bumpers. You also need to give some background on the bumpers who makes them how there made. I mean Doc's experience is an open book for anyone to read about and its pretty impressive as well. If he says it will hold up it will hold up and based on his reputation and experience I trust him to build a solid product. To drop in with a product and give no info on them at almost twice the price I am not surprised by the guys reaction.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    I'm not about to make a public judgment about who's got the best in terms of looks; I'll just say that you certainly have a sharp-looking set-up there. And while it looks like you're swimming upstream to try and get these sold over here, that's your business (literally), not ours.

Selfishly, I hope folks like you and Doc both succeed. After all, the more folks provide build-up parts for the Commander, the more folks are going to want to build up their Commanders. And the more folks want to build up their Commanders, the more folks might want to buy 4xGuard products!
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

I am very sorry if anybody feels insulted, but I did not shoot down any othewr bumpers out there. I am just giving you the statements that customers gave us. They said that there are other guys out there in South Africa building bumpers but they can't stand up to the caulity and the looks od the maniac bumpers. That is who is builing the bumpers. Maniac4x4. I am handeling the exporting of the bumpers. We sent 3 sets out to the US all ready. I am hoping to see some pic's of those some time. And the price you will get from Maniac is the same as I am sending them out for. I will have a look to see if we can drop the price a bit and let you know. But you cant beleave how work is going in to build thees bumpers. They are lazer cut and then double wielded for strength and built to be able to bolt on to any commander with no hasles.

But I will have a look at the pricing and get back to you. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pup and jeep 007.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pup and jeep 004.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	277
    |________0000_
    l[__][__][_\\____\___

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrie View Post
    I am very sorry if anybody feels insulted, but I did not shoot down any othewr bumpers out there. I am just giving you the statements that customers gave us. They said that there are other guys out there in South Africa building bumpers but they can't stand up to the caulity and the looks od the maniac bumpers. That is who is builing the bumpers. Maniac4x4. I am handeling the exporting of the bumpers. We sent 3 sets out to the US all ready. I am hoping to see some pic's of those some time. And the price you will get from Maniac is the same as I am sending them out for. I will have a look to see if we can drop the price a bit and let you know. But you cant beleave how work is going in to build thees bumpers. They are lazer cut and then double wielded for strength and built to be able to bolt on to any commander with no hasles.

But I will have a look at the pricing and get back to you. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pup and jeep 007.jpg 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pup and jeep 004.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	277
    not to start a pissing match, but mine are all waterjet cut (CNC) and are all formed steel (CNC) and double welded with internal gusseting and a stout sub-frame. you said yours were the best looking bumpers out there... that is to say all others are inferior... just my take on it. what justifies the price of 3 times the market value here? is that a bad conversion from you local currency to USD? what's the price of shipping? maybe there is a strong market for my bumpers there with my more reasonable pricing.
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc in AZ View Post
    not to start a pissing match, but mine are all waterjet cut (CNC) and are all formed steel (CNC) and double welded with internal gusseting and a stout sub-frame. you said yours were the best looking bumpers out there... that is to say all others are inferior... just my take on it. what justifies the price of 3 times the market value here? is that a bad conversion from you local currency to USD? what's the price of shipping? maybe there is a strong market for my bumpers there with my more reasonable pricing.
    Well post some pic's of your front and rear bumpers and we can have a look at them. And also some pic's off your rock slider, diff covers ext.
    |________0000_
    l[__][__][_\\____\___

Sorry. Never mind found them on Facebook. They look ok. But not the look the SA boys would go for. All the orders we have recieved, the guys say they whant the bumpers to look like it would be a OEM part. But I will ask around and see if there are some guys that would like to have that look on there Commanders and let you know. Our bumpers price are on par with the bumpers you buy from ARB, in SA.

Now to Cpompare and show what I mean. The winch fitted to the top of the bumper is more of a Wrangler look and the people here whant it fitted inside the bumper. The Spare tire swing arm attach point they also whant inside the rear bumper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31117_127274940639374_108891915811010_182297_1846340_n.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31117_127274900639378_108891915811010_182289_3420198_n.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	282Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web back.jpg 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	283
    Last edited by Arrie; 10-08-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    |________0000_
    l[__][__][_\\____\___

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Doc didn't make that front bumper. That was built by GetLost4x4.

Btw, it's a lot harder to maintain/service a "hidden winch" as opposed to a winch you have access to on top of the bumper.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 10-09-2010 at 06:42 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information