Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeep wave ?

I must be a XK snob, because I only wave to fellow commander drivers! lol
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

Member Looking for Dirt txbajacommander's Avatar
    I get occasionally, but I tend to check out any lifted Jeep. Maybe I wave first?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    I read one blogger say that it should only be the "Wrangler" Jeep wave. There is always one in every crowd.

Interesting site.. ref. The Jeep wave.. http://www.jeepboard.com/jeepwave/index.html

I think this one does the math for you.. http://www.jeepboard.com/jeepwave/mjwhr2.mv
    Last edited by 1USMC; 02-16-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1USMC View Post
    I read one blogger say that it should only be the "Wrangler" Jeep wave. There is always one in every crowd.

Interesting site.. ref. The Jeep wave.. http://www.jeepboard.com/jeepwave/index.html

I think this one does the math for you.. http://www.jeepboard.com/jeepwave/mjwhr2.mv
    My favorite ..."Holes above glove box where passenger ripped grab-bar out: +3" LMAO.
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Around my area it's more of a "lifted vehicle wave".... basically i give props to ANY modified/lifted vehicle regardless of make/model, and always get a nod in return.

I never really understood the "Jeep" wave... hard to explain... but it seems too much like blind brand loyalty (ya know... those people who own a Jeep just for the sake of having a Jeep). I'll wave to a modded to hell 4 runner with mud tires and a snorkel before i wave to a grocery getter stock wrangler (not that stock wranglers aren't capable... just trying to make a point).

When i had my silverado lifted on 37s ill never forget the time that i was turning through an intersection and got a giant "thumbs up" from a lifted F250 super duty. Yes, i returned the favor... it's always nice to know there are still guys out there who respect the "sport", not the "brand".

Edit: FWIW, i DO the motorcycle wave as well... don't care if you're on a cruiser or sport bike. But i do know guys who won't wave to another bike unless it's a Harley; that crap reminds me of the "jeep" wave (might be a better analogy)

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Like Matt_, Where I live its more of if you have a rig that looks offroad capable. There are also many 2011 lifted wrangler unlimiteds with rims and tires in my town, but I dont really count those as offroad vehicles because the people who drive them are either soccer moms or high school girls, who just get them for the "look" as opposed to the offroad capabilitys .

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I agree at least 90% of the wrangles I see never get off road and never will. So the snobbish attitude towards non wranglers is just stupid. If I see you in any jeep that goes off road any jeep it deserves a wave. Any other vehicle you get at least a head nod if not a wave depending on mood.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I spent 48 hours over five days sitting in my Jeep in a parking lot at Phoenix International Raceway and I had dozens on people come up and admire the Commander, some had never seen one up close but everyone agreed that it is certainly and OFF ROAD Jeep.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    I have yet to notice "the wave" in any vehicle since I sold my VW Bug years ago. But in that, I couldn't pass another bug without getting a wave. Maybe I'll see more of it after a couple mods
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    My friend has an old vw golf that is fully loaded with turbo and all. From what he tells me, it seems as if, like the jeep community, vw owners are quite a close knit society.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information