Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeep wave ?

I barely get that, I got a thumbs up from a liberty only once!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    When I bought the Commander, I knew they existed though I hadn't given them much attention. Now that I have one, I see them EVERYWHERE and I'm starting to think I am the only male in the Phoenix area to drive one. This leads me to believe that the "jeep wave" is not relayed to Commanders as girls are simply unaware of the wave's existence.
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XK N00b View Post
    I'm starting to think I am the only male in the Phoenix area to drive one.
    LMAO I see the same thing bro and when a dude is driving the ignore me even at stop lights when I'm trying to make eye contact for a wave they just won't even look at me. Driving my XJ home I got more waves in that one drive then I have ever received in my XK period.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    LMAO I see the same thing bro and when a dude is driving the ignore me even at stop lights when I'm trying to make eye contact for a wave they just won't even look at me. Driving my XJ home I got more waves in that one drive then I have ever received in my XK period.
    I drove by the gas station the other day and two guys were filling up their Commander. They saw mine drive by and stepped out from behind theirs to take a double take at a real Commander.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    With my old XJ same thing. Wave to everyone even a few Wranglers! XK I get one or two and thats it! That's why we're a cult ,even more so then those Wrangler guys!!
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I drove by the gas station the other day and two guys were filling up their Commander. They saw mine drive by and stepped out from behind theirs to take a double take at a real Commander.
    Oh I catch plenty doing double takes and checking the XK out they just must think I'm unapproachable

Quote Originally Posted by 06blkhemi View Post
    With my old XJ same thing. Wave to everyone even a few Wranglers! XK I get one or two and thats it! That's why we're a cult ,even more so then those Wrangler guys!!
    I would diffidently classify this group of jeep owners as a cult that probably has most other owners beat.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt fosh69's Avatar
    I always try to give a wave for all Jeep owners... for me, Jeep speaks "America". I rarely get a wave back, though... especially from other XK drivers (I notice the majority of them are women or fellas that don't seem to care about the off-road hobby). In that way, I can see why most XK drivers don't get a wave unless they have a heavily modified rig... most off-roaders that select Jeeps go for the Wrangler because it's, well, iconic... Jeeps target buyer for the XJ was obviously soccer moms and business pros. (like the H2 and H3). Jeep should have done two versions: ifs awd, and sfa selectable 4wd. The latter would have been a true trail rated limited edition. That's just my opinion.

BTW, Sal... your rig needs some tube doors.
    '06 Black Limited Hemi, QDII, RR 2.25", Rough Country 1.5" spacers, stock rims, LT265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Diablosport Predator 87 tune.

Quote Originally Posted by fosh69 View Post
    BTW, Sal... your rig needs some tube doors.
    I completely agree it's on the mod list

Seems less of a brand loyalty these days and more of an "interest loyalty". Ive seen people acknowledge other rigs that are lifted with off road equipment before two glances at the same brand.
    2010 Black WK, Tint and Only 1.5" spidertrax spacer so far waiting on the OME HD lift

http://www.DJ-CZ.co (just a hobby)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    It is amazing how quickly your eye will LOCK onto a modified Jeep, even at PERIPHERAL vission, lmao. I pass 50+ Jeeps everyday, most of them college folks. (Greenville is College town, and Jeeps are cheap so they are everywhere, especially XJ's and WJ/ZJ's)... And I'll be the first wave if I see a Jeep has had some work done to it. Especially Grand Cherokee's. I do get Jeep Waves a few times a week. Mostly from ZJ's and WJ's - My WK is the most lifted Grand Cherokee in the city from observation - Imagine a WK owning that title.

There are at least 3 lifted XK's here.. one of them IS SuperLifted. I crossed him at an intersection and we both tilted our sunglasses and pointed at each other - it was pretty comical, lol. The other two XK's are BB lifted with Bilsteins and BFG's (yes I'm VERY aware of the XK/WK's around here) There are 2 lifted WK's here, one Khaki (of course because we are amazing) the other blue - both BB lifted.

I do not wave or give a seconds notice to Hummers, Chevy's, Fords, Land Rovers, and daggone Toyota's... It's all brand loyalty here, especially for grand cherokee's.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information