Thread: 2nd fuel cell? what all is needed?

2nd fuel cell? what all is needed?

i have been researching this for awhile...

i have saw on another site where i guy was going to use a zj fuel cell. i was just wondering as to what all i would need to get doing this as well?

what i would like to do is find out if i would be able to cut out an area next to the where the fuel tank filler is? maybe mount a gauge next to it as well?

i would like to use an external pump so that i could just fill my primary tank as needed?

so what else do need to get before i get into this?

1. fuel cell
    2. filler hose
    3. jeep wrangler fuel housing ( the cap and housing that goes around it?)
    4. do i need to do something about ventilation?
    5. fuel gauge? how would i go about wiring this up to show how much is in the tank?

assuming that theres 2 hose opening on the cell? i was thinking of using one to fill it and the other to mount another hose to the pump to fill the primary tank.

would it be simple to add a gauge to this? getting a sending unit is what this would connect to?

im thinking i would like to make this my next project...

any help would greatly be appreciated....

thanks

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Here is a thread from a member on the forum who has added a secondary fuel cell. This should help you out and might be a better route then what you had in mind. Click here. http://www.xk-forum.com/showthread.p...s-tank-install
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 10-08-2010 at 05:34 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    You can buy aftermarket fuel cells with the fuel sensors already mounted inside and just put another fuel guage inside the xk somewhere. My 66 ford has a 20 gallon fuel cell underneath the bed with the sensors in it.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Did you get the answers that you were looking for from the posts on my auxillary fuel tank. If you still have questions either PM me or ask here.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Thread Information