Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ¿ Suspension Travel Limiting Straps?

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar

¿ Suspension Travel Limiting Straps?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with limiting straps. They don't seem too expensive and should theoretically allow us to run trails without over extending rear shocks or creating too much angle on the front CV axle while not having sway bars attached.
    With the extra articulation the ride should be alot better on the trails. Just having my rear sway bar disconnected makes the xk ride alot better but i'm worried about overextending my new bilsteins. I wouldn't want to ruin them.
    I'd also like to remove the front sway bar connections while on trails but would never attempt it unless i had something to keep the axels from drooping down too much.

Any thoughts? Experiences? Etc...?
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I really wouldnt worry about limiting straps on the rear. While off roading you are usually going slow so when the suspension articulates, the shocks wont hit hard when they come to the maximum extended length. Now the front is obviously a different story. I'll probablly look into limit straps up front once I totally redo everything and add those new JeepinbyAl upper control arms. I'd like to see how the XK performs with both front and rear end links disconnected next time I go to Rausch Creek.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I was wondering if the rear would need them at all. The front would be awesome to let loose to articulate. There was a member on the other forum( I can't remember which and he might be on this forum too) who let the front ones go and had some pics of it articulating. One front wheel was up a ledge and the other on the ground and the commander was still sitting flat. It looked magnificent. I found some limiting straps for 26 dollars each which i don't think is terrible. Any how i would love to replace me UCAs and struts with HD parts.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I know Old McDonald totaly removed his front sway bar.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Hey Guys, I forgot where I read it but someone used jks 2034 quicker disconnects for the front and said they were a direct replacement for our links. Those and figuring out how to put on some limiting straps would be pretty cool.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    I was wondering if the rear would need them at all. The front would be awesome to let loose to articulate. There was a member on the other forum( I can't remember which and he might be on this forum too) who let the front ones go and had some pics of it articulating. One front wheel was up a ledge and the other on the ground and the commander was still sitting flat. It looked magnificent. I found some limiting straps for 26 dollars each which i don't think is terrible. Any how i would love to replace me UCAs and struts with HD parts.
    I could be wrong but I remember a picture of Kmax articulated like that with his front end disconnected. He has a 4 inch Superlift though which makes a huge difference when it comes to articulation.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I've been drooling over the 4 inch superlift as of late. Really contemplating switching mine out around christmas. Either that or new KM2's and Micky Thompson Classics with better backspacing. I'm sure it does make quite a difference. So much more room for the tire to go up.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I've been drooling over the 4 inch superlift as of late. Really contemplating switching mine out around christmas.
    Keep an eye on 4xGuard for information on a sewer version of the SuperLift, I too am waiting!
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Keep an eye on 4xGuard for information on a SEWER version of the SuperLift, I too am waiting!
    Is that the one the Ninja Turtles would put on their Commnder? Just kidding. So is 4x guard modifying the Superlift?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    So is 4x guard modifying the Superlift?
    I do not know what the arrangement is so I will have to have El Cid comment on that from 4xGuard's position.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information