Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Increases for 4.7L Flex Fuel

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar

HP Increases for 4.7L Flex Fuel

Has anyone done significant mods to their 4.7L and what are your HP gains? I have done all the standard "bolt on" mods except throttle body. I have been looking to install a blower on it (preferably a twin screw) and get about 400 HP out of the thing, but would settle for the mid 300's. I am not sure this is even possible. I would like to stick to a supercharger given all of the issues with turbos in aftermarket mods. I know many will ask "WHY?" - Let's just say "JUST BECAUSE" Yes, I should have purchased a Hemi and all that jazz so lesson learned. Any input would be appreciated. I have talked to Kanne Bell and they don't offer anything for the 4.7L
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Forget the blower. If you want some serious passing power what you need is what I have disquised as a storage pod. It's a J.A.T.O. rocket. Gaurenteed to give you a kick in the pants when you just gotta pass that other guy.

2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is a great photo HueyPilotVN! Good commentary too.....I'm still laughing!

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Straight from a C-130 to the rooftop of your commander! If you want to go cheap you can go to a hobby store and buy some Estes Rocket kits and tape the engines on the back. Be sure to post some pics if you do though.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

So I have talked to Lysholm, Kenne Bell and Vortech. No one seems to be interested enough in the 4.7L to do aftermarket mods such as this. Seems like they are steering away mainly from re-flashing the ECU especially when 4WD systems are involved.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    So I have talked to Lysholm, Kenne Bell and Vortech. No one seems to be interested enough in the 4.7L to do aftermarket mods such as this. Seems like they are steering away mainly from re-flashing the ECU especially when 4WD systems are involved.
    Well dude this is half the fun bro. Making stuff work and fit that is not made for it will make it a one off mod. If you want one get one thats close and invent the rest to make it fit. I think finding one to fit will be easy. The hard part dealing with the computer that will be the challenge.

yeah unfortunately today's vehicle electronics make it tough to do this type of mod. But I agree it is half the fun!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    maybe some of the guys who have programmers can let you know what kind of option it comes with. Is there anything in there that can be set to handle a supercharger.

From my limited experience there are all sorts of things to worry about. Not only the ECU programming, but you should not go more than 90% of the fuel pump more than 95% of the time. Also I would need proper sizing of larger fuel injectors to handle the increase demand That plus intake issues gets it pretty messy pretty fast. Maybe there are more bolt on options that I can do before this type of project.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I wonder if anyone makes headers for the 4.7 liter enigne that could be modded to work on the XK.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information