Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Increases for 4.7L Flex Fuel

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I think you need to figure out where else this engine is being used and cross reference the parts you need that might help.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    It was used in the Durango's for sure and quite likely the Aspen. I was just looking at headers yesterday but found nothing specific. So now I am thinking bigger throttle body, headers and maybe free flow cats. For the size of the displacement, there should be a decent amount of power left in it. I might call a few performance shops to see what they might have done or if they have any other options. If I could eek out 330 HP w similar torque gain I would be a happy guy......
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I just searched the net for headers and it looks like were out of luck. It seems like there wasnt enough room in a lot of the engine compartments that the 4.7 L came in.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    That is exactly what led me to research a supercharger 07JeepXK. Short of swapping out the cam at a hardcore shop, there seems to be little that can be done from a bolt on application standpoint.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information