Thread: What do you pull behind your Commander?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty
    8.5 x 20 enclosed trailer with a car in it. Loaded up it is probably at about 6000-6500 lbs. Brake controller and weight distribution hitch are a must. I get about 9mpg pulling this around, and I'm actually getting pretty good at backing her up too!

get about 11 mpg and weighs in just shy of 7000
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Careful. You're right at/over the total weight limit with that setup. Especially with gear. Getting the trans rebuilt costs about $2500. Ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoulter View Post
    Careful. You're right at/over the total weight limit with that setup. Especially with gear. Getting the trans rebuilt costs about $2500. Ask me how I know.
    I dont do it often, and am buying a tow rig this year anyways. The warranty will cover it too I think.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

That's what I thought, "5-6 times a year won't hurt". Ya right. Oh well live and learn. I'm in the market as well. Can't believe the price of the good diesels! Good luck in your hunt.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt frtgy89's Avatar
    Don't tow with my XK and won't. We use Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1001111759.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	1727Goldie for that.
    06 Commander Base, 4.7, QT2, Dark Khaki, Leather,2.5 OME lift, Rocky Mtn Outfitters upper control arm kit, 245/75-17 BF Goodrich Rugged Trails, Steel Armadillo upgrades. This is my 2nd Jeep, I owned a '68 J-3000 Gladiator flat bed in the early '80s.

Thread Information