Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Smart Phone are your using?

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Question What Smart Phone are your using?

In May 2011 (I know I have to wait 6 months) my contract is up on my Samsung Alias II phone and I am getting a Smart Phone. I am just curious as to what phone others are using and would recommend. I am leaning towards the Droid as I have Verizon and have no desire to change providers.

What are your thoughts?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I have a BB Storm. I like the BB functions, it is one of the few that syncs with MS Outlook. The Droids are very popular.
    but they dont sync with outlook. Whatever I get in December will have to sync. I too am with Verizon and don't want to change providers.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    I have an Evo 4G on Sprint. It's a powerhouse of a phone. I also tether my laptop thru it, at better than DSL speeds with both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.4.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I have an Iphone the wife bought a BB for work and quickly got an Iphone when I could open the web pages she needed but she could not. BB has it's advantages but for most of us we don't need or never use those few features all though it is the most secure phone in the world right now. If all you do is email surf the web hit face book and that kind of stuff the Iphone or any smart phone running the droid operating system should be good. I think google has an operating system out there now as well don't know much about it but Iphone and Droid have thousands of apps available. The one thing that sucks about the Iphone is it does not support flash in its web browser and apple is real big on trying to control its end user. If you have good computer skills you can hack the Iphone and really unleash it power but it a constant battle with the apple police. You know there Ipad does not support flash either. Look for a good screen the bigger the better check the droid and the Google operating systems out. I do believe that Verizon will start selling Iphones soon they are worth a look because for what there intended purpose is they are really great phones I love mine.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Since you're staying with Verizon, get whatever Droid phone they are running a special on at that time. Last week they had BOGO on the Incredible.

Also, if you it's been two years since you got a phone you should get $100 off a new phone if you have "New Every Two" don't forget that. It dropped my Incredible down to $100.

Go to the store and try some. I have heard some say that the phones like the Evo are too big.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoulter View Post
    Also, if you it's been two years since you got a phone you should get $100 off a new phone if you have "New Every Two" don't forget that. It dropped my Incredible down to $100.
    I have been with Verizon for 8 years (well Alltel) but I purchased my current phone in May of 2009 so I do not get the next FREE phone until May of 2011.
    Last edited by Knappster; 10-29-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I have been with Verizon for 8 years (well Alltel) but I purchased my current phone in May of 2009 so I do not get the next FREE phone until May of 2011.
    Free??? Please share those details. I've been with them for about 15 years, when they were GTE, and have only gotten it free if the phone was $100 or less.
    Last edited by Knappster; 10-29-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    At the end of your contract they give you the choices:

1) keep your current phone and just keep paying monthly with no contract

2) Buy any phone you want on their system without a contract

3) get a much better phone free by renewing your contract.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

I've never been offered a free phone unless the "New every two " $100 credit brought the price down far enough. I'm pretty sure Verizon won't give you any phone for free, just the "dumbphones".

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    some phones are free with a contract. Most of the smart phones will cost you at least $100 with a contract and considering they are very expensive this is a good deal mine with out a contract is $800

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information