Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smart Phone Applications

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Smart Phone Applications

Have you found a cool App for your smart phone? I know members have found apps for GeoCaching, Mapping and MPG monitoring, what have you found and where did you find it (links okay)?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    I have an Android phone. (Evo 4G)

First and foremost, you need this app: http://www.androidfreeware.net/downl...e-scanner.html

For anything I'll post from here on, you can use your downloaded barcode reader app by using its camera mode to take a shot of the black & white block of squares. Those are called QR codes. The bardode reader will recognize the code and take you directly to the app in the Android Market. It will work right from the screen you're looking at right now.

I'll start off with a very cool app called Ulysse Gizmos.

http://apps.androidtapp.com/#ulysse-...arytoys.ulysse

2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

3 (Cubed) music player

Very cool music player. Your album art is on a spinning cube much like the spinning desktop cube in Linux's KDE. You spin the cube to find your album. Side swipe the dots under the cube to switch to artist, song, or album search mode.

The app has an upper case 3 for a name, and is otherwise hard to find in the market.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

GPS Test. I like this app because it has a speedo with huge numbers. The same screen also has altitude and heading, all easy to see from a cell phone holder. Shows what GPS sats are above, and what the GPS receiver is using.

Realcalc

I've tried 'em all, this is the BEST calculator on the market. Also does conversions. Easy to use buttons etc. Looks like a real calc when you have it on the screen.

Google Sky Map. An absolute MUST HAVE app. Hold your phone up like a bar of soap, and it shows you the sky. It works like magic.

Tricorder. As in a Star TRek Tricorder. Makes the use of about every sensor in the phone. Very cool app, and has actual use such as an audio db meter.

Mr. Number Caller ID. You agree to give it permissions to use your phone's contact list. It reaches into a zillion other user's phones to root up the incoming number. Makes 411 services look pathetic, and just about produces all info on who calls even if it's a telemarketer with obscure numbers.

Last edited by Adondo; 10-28-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Ultimate Stopwatch. Gorgeous looking analog stopwatch on the screen. Has countdown timers, lap timers, etc. etc.

Call Meter NG. Logs your data, SMS, and calls. Give it a billing start date and quota, and it will show the percentage of call time, SMS's left, and data used in your billing period.

Easyether. Tethers your laptop through the USB cable to wireless connect. This is the ''lite'' version. (To see if it works with your phone or not) You can buy the app for $10. After the trial is over, just won't connect to secure sites. (https: sites)

Last edited by Adondo; 10-28-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    for my droid-

Advanced Task Killer - manually closes selected programs when not in use

Lookout - anti-virus

United States Constitution - has the entire constitution as well as a number of historic speeches, Articles of Confederation, history behind the constitution, etc

Voice Recorder - great for quick voice notes or documenting a situation.

Colornote - a notepad app

Right2Bear (had to pay $3 for this one) - can look up reciprocity information on concealed carry permits by state - it does leave out some info, mostly pertaining to non-resident permits, and open carry

And a couple sound board apps - Homer Simpson, Evil Dead (Bruce Campbell), and Samuel Jackson

edit: I now also have all the free ones Adondo listed. I like the Tricorder!
    Last edited by brendon; 11-06-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I spent a few days with Jay at SEMA and was inpressed with the ability to find local food just by asking for a certain type and then GPS to get there.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    My kids got me a Sprint HTC Evo for Christmas. So I downloaded most of the apps that you mentioned here, Adondo.
    This phone is pretty amazing.
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Bump to see if anyone is using any new apps that they want to share with us!

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information