Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smart Phone Applications

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Here's a few more nice and FREE apps.

Hybrid stopwatch. Cool retro graphics. Also has a countdown timer.

Yellow Pages. The best I've found so far. I uninstalled a couple of others because this one blew them away.

Go SMS. (Text messaging) Makes the built in SMS app look pathetic. It may pop up something about downloading the pro version, do it! It's free too, and has a lot more features.

Radio Ball. A game where you direct a rolling ball thru a tunnel. Nice 3D effects and graphics.

On edit... I just copy the QR code image location... I can't help the spastic sizing. Sorry.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Ship Combat. (The old Battleship game)

I'm going to do links this time.

This one is a handy 1x1 clock widget. I've never seen the point of a clock taking up 50% of the screen space. This black faced clock is easy to see despite it's small size.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...ackClockWidget

Alarm Klock. Has a better looking notification bar icon, and more features than the built in alarm app.
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/alarm-kl...oid.alarmclock

Aix Weather widget. A MUST HAVE weather widget. It's a 1x4 widget that shows the upcoming WX 24 hours ahead, and at a glance.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=net.veierland.aix

Dawn to Dusk. Handy 1x1 widget that shows the sun/moon rise/set times and daylight/night time remaining.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=org.jtb.d2d

Evernote. We use this one at work. Everyone here, from Android, Blackberry, and iPhone users can update our company's note files. We use short notes as job info, how we setup wiring in a dispatch center, and a thousand other things. Keeps things organized, and anyone/everyone can update the database from anywhere there's internet service. Worth its weight in gold.
    http://www.evernote.com/about/home.php

Batterychecker. A battery gauge widget that looks like a fuel gauge. Clicking the widget pops up analog meters for more battery info.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...BatteryChecker
    Last edited by Adondo; 04-20-2011 at 05:17 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like several great apps, Thanks!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Not just for smartphones... but I use Dropbox.

The #1 thing I use it for on my phone is putting pictures on my PC's. I just put the pictures in the dropbox and they're instantly available on any PC that i installed dropbox on. Saves the time of hooking up the phone via USB or emailing them to myself. Works with all file types.

If you use my referral link you get an extra 250 MB of storage space for free: http://db.tt/JivAJ2x (i do to, so i'd appreciate it if you used my link )

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I already have drop box. I hardly use it at all.

Edit: I should say that for what drop box is it works well you can share any size file of any type of extension doesn't matter what it is. I have the SM on there and used it to get a buddy a video so it does work
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 04-21-2011 at 07:13 AM.

I've used the "public" folder in dropbox quite a bit too. Like if someone asked for a quick pic of something on the commander I can take the photo with my phone, drop it in the public folder, and then paste the hyperlink in the thread. No need to upload to photobucket or upload as an attachment.

I just bought the smittybilt inclinometer for my phone. First impressions are pretty good I like the you can choose your max angles and set an alarm to sound when you reach them. I'll have to let you know after its trail tested to see how it worked out.

That's awesome. Looking forward to a trail tested review!

Hey sal, we should set up a shared dropbox folder. Everyone who's invited will have instant access to pics we take while wheeling.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I purchased my phone yesterday, when it gets here I can start adding these cool apps.

I have an SmittyBuilt inclinometer in the garage to install when I get around to it.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    That's awesome. Looking forward to a trail tested review!

Hey sal, we should set up a shared dropbox folder. Everyone who's invited will have instant access to pics we take while wheeling.
    You have instant access to my pictures there on Picasa I think you can subscribe to the user and get updates by email when new photos are posted I did that with Don. When he uploads photos I get an email and a link to see them. I need the URL for all my photos so I can post them as well. Drop box is ok but it uploads slow or slow to me. For sharing files or if someone wants a video I took to down load then its perfect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information