Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will 255s fit in the spare tire well?

Will 255s fit in the spare tire well?

i don't remember if i saw this somewhere in one of these threads or not? but a 265 will fit deflated as well right? but the 265 deflated would mess with the tire pressure alarm?

would a 255 fit in that spot inflated?

hopefully here by the the end of 2mrw im gonna figure out how to get this rough country lift put on. and i should be on the hunt for new tires by the end of the week.

i would like to keep the stock wheels i have. i believe that they are the hulk wheels?

and i do have 1.5" spacers.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe. I tried to stuff a 265/70 in there, but the tire guy ended up putting my original tire back on. It wouldn't fit. And... he said the original tire was a cram job at that.

Now... I'm looking for a swing-away tire carrier so my 5th Ultrasport 175 wheel (the spare) can show, as well as be wrapped in a matching Cooper ATR like the rest.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Do you have a trailer hitch on your xk?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Yes, I do. And, that hitch does reduce the spare tire space.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    I don't think the 265 will fit in the spare tire carrier even deflated. I don't know about the 255. It's pretty tight with the 245 and the 265 is almost a full 2" larger diameter.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adondo View Post
    Yes, I do. And, that hitch does reduce the spare tire space.
    I was asking the OP if he had a trailer hitch....
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Junior Member Looking for Dirt DDDonkey's Avatar
    I know that a 245/75R17 will not fit if you have a hitch, I will fit if you loss the receiver.
    4.7 with QDII, rocky mountain edition

thanks for the information all...

im getting my lift done this weekend and going with mickey thompson mtz's. still debating on a 255 or 265 though? i have the spacers and im keeping the stock wheels. needless to way, i guess the spare tire area is all opened up for a new project now...

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    A roof rack would accomadate a larger spare. Now you have a reason for a roof rack! yay! Accessories are good.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    either that or the stone soup rr bumper w tire carrier......yeah that's the stuff... :-)
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information