Thread: 4xguard Matrix/grill hoop!!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar

4xguard Matrix/grill hoop!!!

Hey guys, I just installed my 4xguard Matrix and Grill Hoop. The install went very easy after I figured out I had to leave the fascia and grill off to get most of the brackets on!! DOH ! Don't even try to get the pieces on without doing that,it's a PITA !! I also installed a set of 6" Hella 500 Black Magic driving lights..

Anyone have any suggestions about hooking up the lights,like where to get the 12v for the switch to power the lights? I'll use the 12v right off the battery to power the Relay,and ground right to the batteries neg.term..

The evening before that I installed a RC 2"lift,which went on pretty easy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0085.jpg 
Views:	1090 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	341  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0090.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	342  

Name:	Photo0087.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	343  

Name:	Photo0083.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	344  

06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Really nice man its coming along awesome now you just need some new rubber to finish that look off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Really nice man its coming along awesome now you just need some new rubber to finish that look off.
    Thanks ! That's going to wait until next year. They put new tires on before I bought it,so I'm just going to hold off for now. I may even use the same size tire just a bit more aggressive.. I just ordered a set of side guards from 4xguard. Can't wait to get them on too!!
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Anyone have any suggestions about hooking up the lights,like where to get the 12v for the switch to power the lights? I'll use the 12v right off the battery to power the Relay,and ground right to the batteries neg.term..
    I'd use the switch to activate the ground terminal of the relay, much easier to find a grounding point in the interior than a 12V plus no splicing required. Use the 12V under the hood and link the 2 hots on the relay together. Just my opinion.

The Matrix Pushbar looks nice and cant wait to see pics when you get the rock guards.
    Old: 2006 Base, 4.7L, QT-II
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

Thanks for everyone's input. I ended up finding a 12v spot for the switch in the fusebox in the interior and used an "add a fuse" to tap into it . All was good until the switch broke,well with my help. The light stopped working in it,so I tried to fix it,well now the whole thing doesn't work !!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Sorry about the light problems ... but the Matrix sure does look good!
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Looking good!
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Thanks guys !!! I bought a new switch and everything seems fine now !! You guys see any problems with grounding the lights right to their mounts? According to my 12v light it's a good ground and the lights work .
    Now I got to figure out why my Airbag light on the dash is on,it wasn't on yesterday !

Frank

I got some light pics! First pic is, stock Driving,Hella's and Headlights,Second Hella's and stock driving lights,third just Hella's

Name:	Photo0093lights.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0094lights.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0095lights.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	349

Thread Information