Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Hunters?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    you and I are in the same boat for getting the XK. I need something that is my hunting truck when it needs to be, but a family car the rest of the time. I pick up just wouldnt fit that profile.

I have used vehicle for skining and have used a winch before too, but i usualy just use a knife anymore, it seems to go very quickly if the knife is sharp.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I have never hunted, which is odd with the amount of firepower at my disposal.

I think I should do it so I can find out first hand what it is all about; and learn how should I ever need to in the future. The problem is I don't like killing things. I have shot animals before - a bird with a .22 just to see if I could and a skunk with my .45 - that one was self-defense! I felt bad about killing either one, and don't like the thought of killing animals in general (though I would never tell someone else they shouldn't do it...), but I do LOVE meat.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Funny, I kept looking for my recent post and wondered what happened to it. Until I realized I posted on the "other" forum. Anyway, like your hitch haul and the area that you hunt in.
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I'm not a big hunter by any means but do enjoy it. I've killed my share of squirrels, doves, pheasant, but only 1 deer. Looks like a beautiful place you've been hunting. I'd love to be out there whether hunting or not.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This thread has me maybe wanting to go hunting this season ! I have a new Rem 700 .308 just waiting to be sighted in. Also have an Ithaca LSA-55 in .257 Roberts that is an absolute tackdriver. Id like to get out and see what I could do. If I could only convince my wife and daughter ( she wants to be a vet when she grows up ).
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    I can't remember a time that I haven't hunted. This year my brother and I started planning an Elk hunting trip to Colorado for my Dad in 2011. He's a healthy and active 72 year old that has never hunted big country so we knew our time is running short before he can't. I was blessed to have a father that shared his love of the outdoors. Fishing, hunting and camping were regular activities growing up.

Deer, ducks, squirrel, rabbit, grouse and coyote to name a few. We stay sharp in the summer by hunting groundhogs aka woodchucks.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I wish I had gone hunting growing up, no hunters in my family but I would go someday if someone asked.

It would give me a reason to buy another gun too.

Just bought a Benelli semi-automatic shotgun this week.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Got pict uploaded from my deer hunting adventure for Nov 2010. My best weapon was the good ol' Canon Camera!

Here are some photos from my week in the wilderness, and my 2010 Commander's maiden deer hunting voyage. As usual, the Commander proved to be the best hunting rig I could ask for.

This is my camp back in the middle of "no where" Nebraska, several miles from any town.

I was surrounded by wildlife everywhere.

And saw some nice deer......BUT since I am not into poaching, I shot this buck with a camera, rather than a rifle.

I did however take a nice doe for the freezer, and since I was alone, the Commander and all my "tools" made easy work of getting it from the field, to the freezer.

2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Here are a few more pics of the scenery I enjoyed. It was beautiful and a nice get-away from work.

Here is my view from one of the spots i set up in.

And for five days, I cooked all my meals the way it should be done....in a cast iron pot or on a grate = over a campfire! Sirloin (Beef) steak cooked over some oak and hickory coals, never tasted any better!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Now THAT is how to do it! I spent several years bow hunting in the thumb of Michigan. Since I moved to TX I just have not had the desire - Deer are smaller and don't taste nearly as good as those corn fed types up north. Yeah, not EVERYTHING is bigger in TX.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information