Thread: Shelby Ultimate Aero, the fastest production car in the world, right here at our shop

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar

Shelby Ultimate Aero, the fastest production car in the world, right here at our shop

Well, now it's the second fastest... Bugatti couldn't stand it, and built a new Veyron Sport that edged up the record to 267 MPH. The new Aero may take it away again, we'll all find out soon enough. We got to see photos of the new version. (Nothing's been released to the press yet)

We supplied the 2-way radios when the Shelby was setting the world's record a few years back. They're built right here, about 20 miles from where I'm sitting.

On Tuesday, we had a private photo session. One of the company owners drove car number 2 here to the shop. That's serial #2. People up and down the block came out to see it... after all, a 1,200 HP engine does tend to announce its presence. I can't believe how close the seat is to the pavement, your rear end is maybe 6'' from the ground when sitting in it.

It doesn't have a speedometer per say, it's digital. Why? Because 35 MPH in town would be a couple of needle widths for a car that pushes 260 MPH. Mr. Shelby also said that this car has logged about 2,000 miles at OVER 200 MPH. That's sobering.

The VIN tag:

The badge on the hood:

More to follow:
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

The tire manufacture would only allow 20 miles on a set of tires when running at speed. And needless to say, at 250 MPH it doesn't take long to go 20 miles. Of course, blowing a tire at 200+ MPH would be a serious disaster.

The photos are low res because we were not allowed to post anything with detail. The ones on our website are low res and copyright stamped.

I mentioned that a car with 2k miles at over 200 MPH was pretty sobering, but also sobering was the fact that this car is worth about as much as our shop and the multi-acre property it sits on. This very car, after all, held the world speed record (For a DOT approved passenger car) for quite a while. Bugatti only beat it this July with the new Veyron. A new Shelby runs about $650,000. I wonder what the monthly payment would be on that?

That's one sweet lookin' ride but I prefer the styling of the Veyron to this. Hammond from Top Gear UK tested the new Veyron and got it to go past 267 and over 276 in an episode from a few weeks back...

I saw that episode too. The Shelby they were talking about (the one that inspired the new Veyron Sport) was this very same car.

The Shelby record was set on a laser-straight desert highway, about 15 miles away from this shop, here in Eastern Washington state.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    It would not take much arm twisting to make me accept a free one
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Thread Information