Thread: Thinking about "Double Stacking"...........

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar

Question Thinking about "Double Stacking"...........

So, I have the RR 2.25" spacer lift installed in my Commander already. I want to add the OME 2" lift to it and get 4.25" lift out of the whole set-up. I paid like $180 for the spacer lift and the OME with shocks is about $700 or so. That's somewhere around $900 for a 4" lift, versus $2000 SL, not bad huh?

My question is....................What else would I have to change to make this work? Will I need UCAs, longer brake lines, ect?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt DDDonkey's Avatar
    I would think that the angles on your front cv axles would be pretty steep and you would max them out along with your ball joints. For that much lift you would want the front diff to be dropped down some. Just me thoughts.
    4.7 with QDII, rocky mountain edition

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    x2
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    If you got a hold of the Superlift steering knuckles and a few other parts for the rear it would work out. The only down fall would be the actual angle of the cv-axle. If you dont plan on taking it off road, that wouldnt be to big of an issue. However, its about $400 for those knuckles and a several hundred for the parts you would need for the rear. So in the end it would end up costing about the same price as the 4 inch superlift.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    Don't make it ghetto !! Been there done that,and you'll be disappointed .. Now maybe if you had the Superlift then added on the spacer blocks to that,then your CV angles would be where they are now.. If your not wheeling it and don't need the additional ground clearance leave it as is or save and go for the Superlift or Rusty's 4"kit...
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Thanks for the input guys. All tho I would like to, I don't see myself doing a lot if any, wheelin'. The closest trail to me is Ocala and that's almost a 4 hour drive. I don't want to ghetto-ize my Jeep, so I guess I will just save up for a 4" lift and do it the right way. I'm happy with my 2" for now, I just need some tires to help the look.

Thanks again.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Thread Information