Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone using the sliders from kevins offroad on their xk?

anyone using the sliders from kevins offroad on their xk?

i had a set of these on my grand cherokee wj and absolutely loved them! especially in the parking lots! cause they stuck out a good deal i know that he had recently changed them around to where they stick out further?

i had the square tube and they could take the abuse, kept trees/rocks from attacking me, and where easy to install.

i was going to get the 4xguard ones but i like that the kevinsoffroad version stuck out to where i didn't need to open the door to get access to the top?

plus i like the idea of keeping to the overall straight edge contour of the xk.

anyone have a set on theirs?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    I have not seen the Kevins' Offroad sliders. I was looking at the RR SuperSliders but decided to go with the 4xGuard slider for various reasons. The RR sliders sound a lot like what you are describing.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I also never heard of Kevins.

I have the Rocky Road Super Sliders, and they sound exactly like what you are describing. They have the square tubing underneath and they stick out. While they are sold as also being a step up to the roof, they only stick out far enough to put my toes on, so they are semi-useful for that, but not much.

If you do not already have them, I will warn you that they are a very difficult install due to the angle of the holes that need to be drilled in order to mount them. There is not enough room to get a standard drill head in the area to make a straight hole. I had mine welded to fix this issue, and because on previous 4X4s I beat the snot out of my rocker panels. I wanted these extra strong. So far so good.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

yup. i had a heck of time bolting them in on my wj! but they took a beating and helped with keep doors from attacking me in parking lots i'll look into the rr sliders? never heard of them.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Keven's Off-Road is another fabrication company here in Phoenix, I have seen some of his work on the trail rides and it appears to be good work.

He has a Commander roof rack for $825.00 if you have more money then sense...

The rails are around $350.00

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/
    Last edited by Knappster; 11-20-2010 at 08:45 AM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTs View Post
    I have the Rocky Road Super Sliders, and they sound exactly like what you are describing. They have the square tubing underneath and they stick out. While they are sold as also being a step up to the roof, they only stick out far enough to put my toes on, so they are semi-useful for that, but not much.
    As I'm sure you know, this is precisely what our Side Guards give you: a toe-step for accessing the roof. It's all I've ever needed, but if you want a full-foot step for standing on for a long time you definitely need to look elsewhere. You're also more likely to have issues with the rails bending, as the further the rail sticks out from its mounting points the weaker it becomes.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    I have the 4xguard ones and love em.. Seems to have plenty of step for me.. They don't stick out to far as to get mud on my pants when I get in and out of my XK...

Frank...
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    As I'm sure you know, this is precisely what our Side Guards give you: a toe-step for accessing the roof. It's all I've ever needed, but if you want a full-foot step for standing on for a long time you definitely need to look elsewhere. You're also more likely to have issues with the rails bending, as the further the rail sticks out from its mounting points the weaker it becomes.
    If I were buying today, I would go 4XGuard all the way.......but I bought my sliders almost a year ago and had to make do with what was available then.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    I just installed one side of the 4xGuard side guards. If you have any lift at all (and possibly even if you don't) I highly doubt you will suffer any future door dings if you install. They protrude enough to make folks think twice. Can't wait to hear the guys that park next to me at work cry when they remove some paint from their door edge. Hell, I might even start a color of the month club! :-)
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I have just got my 4xguard rock sliders & can't wait until I get my jeep back to have them installed.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information