Thread: Strattec Bolt Padlock

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Strattec Bolt Padlock

At SEMA 2009 I saw many new and interesting products, one of those products was manufactures by STRATTEC, the company which makes the ignition keys for our Commanders.

STRATTEC Security Corp. has just created a series of locks that open with your car or truck key.

The World's First Codeable Padlock!

* Works with your vehicle key!
    * No extra keys to carry or lose
    * Locks are coded by simply inserting and turning your vehicle key
    * Great for trailers, utility compartments, tool boxes etc.
    * Compatible with Ford, GM, and Chrysler, Plus select Sterling, Freightliner and International vehicle keys
    * Limited Life Time Warranty

I received a lock for demonstration and review and I must say that it was so easy to set up and use. The part number for the lock I have is #7013129 - Padlock, Chry

All I had to do was take it out of the package, insert my Jeep Commander Key and the lock was programed to my ignition key:

They make locks that will also go into your hitch receiver so that when we are on the trail and we want to remove the tow bar we do hot have to go searching for another key.

Other locks I saw included the 5/8" & 1/2" Receiver Lock, Spare Tire Lock, 6' Cable Lock, Cycle Lock & the Padlock.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    I like this idea ! Found this link for more info on the locks, http://www.boltlock.com/

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    At SEMA this year I picked up a receiver lock as well so I have that keyed to my Commander also.

Thread Information