Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My house was auctioned off yesterday...

Administrator
    Blog Entries

My house was auctioned off yesterday...

Well that's what I have been told anyway.

Thursday night there was a knock at my door and when I opened the door (just a crack) there were three men at the door who tried to tell me my house was up for auction and they wanted to take a peek. When I told them there must be a mistake and they needed to take a walk one of them hearing my dogs asked what kind of dogs I had to which I responded, "several different dogs" and then shut and locked the door.

As I went to retreive my handgun I heard someone bump into my front door and I took a peak through the peak hole to see my daughter on the step, I opened the door and she asked me who those guys were outside our house. I asked her if they had a car and she said she didn't see one so I called the local police and waited to see what was to happen next (nothing did, they left).

Yesterday morning there is another knock on the door and another person telling me my house is going to be auctioned off at noon today (friday) on the court steps, about a dozen people in total came by to look at the house while I am on the phone to my bank and the county recorders office.

Not sure how it happened but what a scare for the wife and I, we have not missed a payment and have put a lot of money into our house over the years so we were surprised by this.

Turns out someone somewhere (nobody admits it) made a big mistake and our house was not foreclosed on and should not have been on any list. what a relief.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt DDDonkey's Avatar
    Wow, what a scare. Glad it all worked out for you!
    4.7 with QDII, rocky mountain edition

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    WOW ! What a horrible feeling !! Sounds like something The Bank of America would do !! We're getting ready to close on a house Dec.3rd. I couldnt imagine something like this then happening !!
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 06blkhemi View Post
    WOW ! What a horrible feeling !! Sounds like something The Bank of America would do !! We're getting ready to close on a house Dec.3rd. I couldnt imagine something like this then happening !!
    You hit the nail on the head... My mortgage is with Bank of America, my loan modification in going on 14 months and they are the most difficult people to work with.

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    You hit the nail on the head... My mortgage is with Bank of America, my loan modification in going on 14 months and they are the most difficult people to work with.
    I remember hearing on the news,they tried to change the locks on someones house,why the owners were still inside !! Same with them,they weren't due to be foreclosed on,just a clerical error by Skank of America !!
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would be interested to know if they pulled your house off the agenda to sell it. If they didn't, what if the "new owner" shows up? I wonder what kind of paperwork they would have?

Can you file something with the recorders office similar to a fraud alert with the credit bureau so that no one tries to file for new ownership?

What a mess!!!!!
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Holy cow! What a story. I thought it was going to be a scam after reading the first bit.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I got a call about an hour ago from one of the guys who was going to bid on the house until he talked to me, he told me the house got pulled from the auction one hour before the bidding started. I wonder what would have happened if I had not called my bank to complain?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

At least in Texas, legally, if they actually wrongfully auction off your home, you would still be the rightful owner, but you will probably have to spend some time getting things sorted out anyway. Most banks at the moment are going foreclosure crazy, I'm sure you have seen the headlines in the news recently, the fact of the matter is that banks, mortgage companies, realtors, title insurance companies (my line of work for almost 15 years) etc. are either run by people who are careless or have employees that are either inexperienced or are just as careless themselves. Somebody dropped the ball on the processing of the of the actual home to be foreclosed on, don't expect anyone to get the boot though, the blame game runs rampant in the real estate business.....

Wink

I picked it up for $10.00.
    Will I be able to move in this weekend??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information