Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 07JeepXK's Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

07JeepXK's Garage

I purchased my Commander in August 2007 with only 8 miles on the odometer. It now has over 60,000 miles with quite a few mods done to it.

This picture was taken a few weeks after purchase while it was still bone stock.

....and the mods!

Tow Hitch

4.7 liter badge from Ahmed in Saudi

JKS Quick Disconnects

BDS 2 inch Spacer lift and 255/70R17 Bidgestone Revo's

Transfer Case and Gas Tank Skids / Flowmaster 50 Series SUV Muffler.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 06-14-2010 at 07:59 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar and 1.25 inch Spidertrax wheel spacers

robby's 1/4 inch leveling spacers

Bilstein HD Struts and 5150 Shocks

A little flex!

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

New CB antenna mount and shorty antenna. A spring will be added between the mount and antenna when off roading.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 06-16-2010 at 05:05 AM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    you've done some great research with the upgrades... quick discos are one of the first things i always recommend, and i haven't heard one bad thing about the new MT/R-K's and i know guys running all sizes from 235/75/15's up to 40" x 17" on full beadlocks
    Last edited by Doc in AZ; 06-17-2010 at 10:36 PM.
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

I absolutely love my MT/R's. I just wish I took care of them a little better. For I while I drove with the alignment off after adding the 1/4 inch leveling spacers and they started to cup on the outside edges. That and a few times I went many miles without rotating them. Towards the end of summer I plan on buying another set but might get the 275/70's this time in Load Range E.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I absolutely love my MT/R's. I just wish I took care of them a little better. For I while I drove with the alignment off after adding the 1/4 inch leveling spacers and they started to cup on the outside edges. That and a few times I went many miles without rotating them. Towards the end of summer I plan on buying another set but might get the 275/70's this time in Load Range E.
    i see a lot of the jeeps that have a mismatched spare on the back, or a brand new spare on the back that has never touched the pavement. i always recommend getting it in the mix as it will extend tire life by 20% if you have the room to carry it. when i had alignment problems i immediately switched my front tires to the back. after each trip out i assess the tire wear/damage from the rocks and pull the worst tire off and swap in the spare. i don't have much luck with sidewalls so the MTR-K's are what i really want to put on mine, but having a spool in the rear i wear tires quickly & it's hard to justify $1200 for tires once a year.
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

My MT/R's have approx 27,000 miles on them with about 35-40% tread left. I think they wore well for being a mud tire.

Got to test out the "Tow" setting on the Flashpaq Tuesday night. I helped tow my brothers friends demo car to the demolition derby at the local fair.

I just ordered a new set of MT/R's and will be getting them installed on thursday the 16th. Same size that i'm currently running.

I ordered a belly skid from 4XGUARD the other night and it's supposed to arrive at the house thursday night. Just in time for Rausch Creek. Thanks El Cid! I'll post pictures once its installed along with the new tires.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information