Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
Ya I guess with that warranty it doesn't sound to bad but you will have to supply all the labor as well. The plus is if they are really weak you will get wicked fast at changing half shafts LOL. I've never had to do one myself so in a weird way I'm looking forward to one of mine breaking LOL. Did you need a new alignment after the change or no?
Labor is free! Haha Its nothing but time to me and I love working on my Jeep. As for the alignment. I didnt get one done after the install. The CV shaft doesnt change anything with the alignment. The wheel bearing/hub would have more effect on the alignment but it drives the same now as it did before the install. Just not howling from the drivers side front anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
The only thing that'll make it a PITA is if you're one of those guys who can't get bolt out of the strut fork. Since the fork spans the CV it needs to be taken out to get the CV out.

And alignment isnt required after doing it... but couldn't hurt to have it checked after having the entire front end torn down.
Those strut fork bolts are a PITA. I'd recommend for everyone out there to apply never seize on that bolt everyonce and a while. My buddy had to torch off the lower control arm when we installed his 4 inch lift because the fork bolt pretty much welded itself to the inside of the LCA bushing. LCA's arent cheap either. He ended up getting one used from a junkyard for around $200.