Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: 07JeepXK's Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'll have to check. Amazon doesn't list them for the XK/WK
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    I know beefing up the CV shafts is beneficial but how many have you really broken since you've been wheeling?? Thinking you could do better than that!!!!!!!
    I snapped my passenger side CV axle while climbing a v notch while wheelin.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

I haven't updated this in a while. A few weeks ago I installed a new steel rear drive shaft with rebuildable u-joints. Due to the mileage of the XK and angle from the lift the stock shaft was making noises and I was getting driveline vibrations. Just recently I also fabbed up a 3/8 inch transfer case drop (3/8 spacer between the transmission crossmember and frame) to help the rear pinion angle and angle of the shafts from the transfer case. I should have gone a little thicker, possibly 3/4 inch but not a big deal. The mod cost me about $20, helped the angles a little and also got rid of the driveline vibes I was having. I just recently hit 171,00 miles and will be replacing the transfer case soon along with a new Mopar transfer case shift motor.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Did you have any clearance issues with the front drive shaft after installing the spacers?

I have no clearance issues with the front shaft. I'll be buying a steel front shaft in the near future after I fix my transfer case next week

Here's a pic of the front drive shaft clearance. I don't have these Superlift so it's not an issue what so ever

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Whatever happened with your xk?
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread Information