Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 07JeepXK's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Nice add
    But doesn't the remote start pretty much do the same thing by warming up the jeep before having to leave.
    I remote start mine and then go get dressed for work then it is nice & toasty for me when I leave for work.
    My jeep doesn't have a remote start. But there is a big difference between an engine block heater and a remote start. All a remote start does is keep you inside your warm house and allow you to start you vehicle without going out in the cold. It still takes the normal amount of time for your engine to heat up and blow hot air out of the vents.

An engine block heater installs in the side of the motor and heats up the coolant in the engine so right away when you start the vehicle the heater blows hot air. It's a nice addition if you like up north like me.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 11-13-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Understood.

It does not get that bad here so I can see why you would need it.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Junior Member Looking for Dirt adud83's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Here you go Matt.

Awesome picture! One question.... How did u keep your kid so clean? My daughter always comes home dirty from playing in the mud.😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Enjoyed the Photos !!! Thanks.....
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4"¯ Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Quote Originally Posted by adud83 View Post
    Awesome picture! One question.... How did u keep your kid so clean? My daughter always comes home dirty from playing in the mud.��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was in the jeep the whole time so really didn't get muddy
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Today I extended te breather tube for the rear differential above the passenger side inner fender well liner. It's now sitting almost 45 inches from the ground. Also I drained and filled the rear differential again to ensure I got all the water. Of course the gf texts me saying that the bushings for the Superlift shocks arrived at the house but I'm 30 min away at my brothers.

Superlift shocks are on. Figured it would take like 20 min but had trouble getting the shocks in the lower mounts. Turns out one of my OME shocks was blown so I'm happy to have new shocks on that are the proper length.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    What did you use to extend the breather tubes? Also, when doing deep water crossings, is there any other precautions you take for the rest of the drive-train, electronics, etc.? Since I got my snorkel I have been taking the XK in deeper mud holes but I'm wary of how deep is too deep.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Yeah super lift shocks suck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

One was blown and they hadn't even been on 2 months

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information