Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 07JeepXK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Technically it's locked anytime you're hitting the gas, even around turns. The noslip has a better tooth design that allows it to ratchet a bit more seamlessely so its not as noticeable as the lock right when it "releases" to allow the tires to spin at different rates.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Technically it's locked anytime you're hitting the gas, even around turns. The noslip has a better tooth design that allows it to ratchet a bit more seamlessely so its not as noticeable as the lock right when it "releases" to allow the tires to spin at different rates.
    Well yea. When driving on a straight road and on the gas the rear end will stay locked. If there is a curve in the road and still on the gas then it wont unlock. When you come to a stop sign or stop light and make a left or right turn, the two rear tires will start to travel at different speeds around the turn and thats when it unlocks. But the no slip doesn't ratchet like you mentioned. Which ever wheel is on the inside will get the power and the out will unlocks. It doesn't actually ratchet like the Aussie. It opens that side of the locker and spins freely until you start going straight again (both rear tires turning at the same speed) and then re locks that side. The Aussie actually ratchets meaning the teeth on the locker open and close repeatedly around the turn when one rear wheels is moving faster than the other. When I did the spin test with both lockers installed and the rear diff cover off you can totally see how both lockers work and that the no slip is far more superior.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 10-05-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Sounds like a good investment to me
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

We should whore out Adams garage thread for a while...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Agreed.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Hell yea. I need to catch up to the amount of pages you guys have in your garage threads!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

We'll take care of that!

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Where did you order you diff cover at my wife wants me to get one and we both like it more than the 4x one!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You have to call American Rebel directly to place the order. They didn't have it listed on their website when I purchased it because its a new product that they just finished making. Unless they updated their website since I ordered mine. Just search Anerican Rebel Diff covers on google for the website.

When You call them just let them know you have a Chrysler 8.25 10 bolt. You have to tell them you want the jeep logo on the cover along with the black coating
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 10-09-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Btw this diff cover blows away the 4xguard diff guard. In price, protection and looks!

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information