Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 07JeepXK's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Awesome thanks man! Thats what i will be doing payday so i can put the locker in and install that at the same time. I like the diff cover way more than the 4x!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    The funny thing is the 4xguard diff guard costs more then the American Rebel diff cover. That and with the 4xguard you still have to take the cover off to drain the fluid. I sure hope 4xguard lowers their price or they won't be selling many more. Lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Yeah im a big fan of the drain plug. Thats the only reason other than price that i have not gone with the 4x!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    You are both welcome!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thanks Andrew!!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    You are both welcome!!!
    Thanks

Is our axle a C-Clip?

Nope. We dont have c-clip axles. Disregard that in the install instructions. We have non c-clip axles and both the powertrax no-slip and aussie locker work on c-clip and non c-clip alxes. Our rear shafts are splined on both ends. The rear hub/wheel bearing unit holts the axle shafts in.

This weekend I decided to tackle the exhaust leak on the XK while it was in the shop getting the doors fixed. The cause of the exhaust leak was two broken bolts on the last cylinder of the manifold. I purchased/installed a new drivers side manifold, gasket, and all new bolts.

Here is a picture of the carnage from the last off road trip several weeks ago.

...and this is what it looks like now. My buddy did a great job!

Passenger door before

After....the picture didnt turn out all that well.

Im very impressed with the work that was done to the doors. He even adjusted the door so that it closes properly....
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 10-21-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Looks great
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information