Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 07JeepXK's Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    It not "hard" to do just takes a few hours. The motor doesn't need to come out. I moved a few things like the battery tray, battery and fuse box to make it easier to get my arms in there. I also took out the inner plastic fender well liner. This helps you gain access to the rear manifold bolts and down pipe bolts. The dealer recommended me to replace the manifold too since they are know to warp. Maybe someone with a service manual can send you the pages on replacing the manifold to help you out.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    I did the same thing about six months ago first time i bought the studs from the dealer but they broke again so i went to ace and bought some grade 8 bolts and it worked perfect!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Hmm, I have a service manual, it may be something I just dive into one weekend.... thanks man. Right now CEL's but I can definitely hear it.

Thanks for the info guys!
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Quote Originally Posted by stites-xk View Post
    I did the same thing about six months ago first time i bought the studs from the dealer but they broke again so i went to ace and bought some grade 8 bolts and it worked perfect!

Do you remember what size/length/thread pitch the bolts were that you go from ACE? I was thinking about doing the same thing but just ended up replacing them with new oem bolts from the dealer.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Do you remember what size/length/thread pitch the bolts were that you go from ACE? I was thinking about doing the same thing but just ended up replacing them with new oem bolts from the dealer.
    I just took the stud to ace and matched it up! Im sure its fine thread and i know it was metric!

Engine block heater got installed today! No more having to wait ten minutes for hot air to blow out the vents during the winter..

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Do you have any pictures or a write up on the engine block heater? this would be a cool addition.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Engine block heater got installed today! No more having to wait ten minutes for hot air to blow out the vents during the winter..
    Nice add
    But doesn't the remote start pretty much do the same thing by warming up the jeep before having to leave.
    I remote start mine and then go get dressed for work then it is nice & toasty for me when I leave for work.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

I didnt take any pictures and used the install instructions that came in the box. All you do is pop out the passenger side rear core plug, clean the edges around the machined part of the hole and then insert the heater and tighten the center screw that holds it in place. After that, i ran the wiring harness towards the front of the jeep and secured it down by the passenger side tow hook for easy access. It's a very easy install. Just make sure you have extra coolant on hand

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Nice add
    But doesn't the remote start pretty much do the same thing by warming up the jeep before having to leave.
    I remote start mine and then go get dressed for work then it is nice & toasty for me when I leave for work.
    My jeep doesn't have a remote start. But there is a big difference between an engine block heater and a remote start. All a remote start does is keep you inside your warm house and allow you to start you vehicle without going out in the cold. It still takes the normal amount of time for your engine to heat up and blow hot air out of the vents.

An engine block heater installs in the side of the motor and heats up the coolant in the engine so right away when you start the vehicle the heater blows hot air. It's a nice addition if you like up north like me.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 11-13-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information