Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 07JeepXK's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    What did you use to extend the breather tubes? Also, when doing deep water crossings, is there any other precautions you take for the rest of the drive-train, electronics, etc.? Since I got my snorkel I have been taking the XK in deeper mud holes but I'm wary of how deep is too deep.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    What did you use to extend the breather tubes? Also, when doing deep water crossings, is there any other precautions you take for the rest of the drive-train, electronics, etc.? Since I got my snorkel I have been taking the XK in deeper mud holes but I'm wary of how deep is too deep.
    I only extended the rear breather as the front breather goes all the way up to the nut that bolts the strut in. All I did was take off the rear breather hose and took it to a local auto parts store and go the same size hose about 3 1/2 feet long. I ran the hose into the passenger side inner fender well above the wheel well liner at the highest point. To do this I had to remove the plastic liner. I used a bracket and two self taping screws to hold it in place at the end of the hose where the breather valve is. Once you put the plastic liner back in it hold the rest of the hose in place. Cost about $6 and now the breather is about 45 inches off the ground. Keep in mind I'm running 4 inch Superlift rear springs and 34 inch tires so the height where it's located will be higher than if you located it in the same spot.

As far as how deep of water you can go in all depends. Again I'm sitting higher than someone with a 2 inch lift and 265's.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 11-25-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Lookin' good, thanks for the how-to on the breather lines, I'll definitely be doin this mod soon. Whats your overall height in the front and rear after the tires and spring change? I have been pondering running this setup in the rear, as I'm already at 38" up front with worn down 265's, making the rear quite un-level.
    Last edited by Ross; 11-25-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

It's hard to say on the front because I cut about an inch all the way around on the fender flares but if I measure the front to where I cut I'm at 39". In the rear I'm right at 40". In the spring I'm going to do something similar to what Matt is doing with the adjustable bilstein struts and OME MD springs. Waiting to see how much height he gets out of his setup. I'd like the front up about another 1/2-3/4 inch more.

Btw if I didn't cut an inch off the front flare prior to installing the rear Superlift springs my jeep would probably look ridiculous with the rear a lot higher than the front. But due to me trimming the flare it makes it not look as bad. Keep in mind all I have up front is the OME struts and HD coils. I love how it looks right now but once I redo the front suspension it will look good with the front a little higher.

New spark plugs, air filter and oil changed today!

4.10 gears are now available! I'll be buying them when I get my tax return. $750 for both front and rear ring and pinion along with both bearing kits. Free install by this guy right here

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Nice! should make it easier on that ol 4.7 pushing 34s
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Yeah. I just want that little extra gear for the hills. I know going from 3.73's to 4.10's won't be that much of a difference but for $750 I think it will be worth it. If I had to pay for install I wouldn't even bother

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread Information