Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 07JeepXK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ya I guess with that warranty it doesn't sound to bad but you will have to supply all the labor as well. The plus is if they are really weak you will get wicked fast at changing half shafts LOL. I've never had to do one myself so in a weird way I'm looking forward to one of mine breaking LOL. Did you need a new alignment after the change or no?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I got mine from napa as well, and paid I think 44 for it. Going back in was the easy part. lol Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't yours a QTII drivetrain? I don't know if it makes a difference because I have the QDII and the OEM was quoted from the stealership @ close to 250 for the half shaft. Also the replacement seemed quite stout. But we will see when I go back to TSF in Sept to do the same trail again to get my revenge. Thanks for the info again.

My last question is (for now) how do you like the JKS Swaybar disco's for the rear? also do you have the part # for them?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I've never had to do one myself so in a weird way I'm looking forward to one of mine breaking LOL. Did you need a new alignment after the change or no?
    The only thing that'll make it a PITA is if you're one of those guys who can't get bolt out of the strut fork. Since the fork spans the CV it needs to be taken out to get the CV out.

And alignment isnt required after doing it... but couldn't hurt to have it checked after having the entire front end torn down.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Ya I guess with that warranty it doesn't sound to bad but you will have to supply all the labor as well. The plus is if they are really weak you will get wicked fast at changing half shafts LOL. I've never had to do one myself so in a weird way I'm looking forward to one of mine breaking LOL. Did you need a new alignment after the change or no?
    Labor is free! Haha Its nothing but time to me and I love working on my Jeep. As for the alignment. I didnt get one done after the install. The CV shaft doesnt change anything with the alignment. The wheel bearing/hub would have more effect on the alignment but it drives the same now as it did before the install. Just not howling from the drivers side front anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    The only thing that'll make it a PITA is if you're one of those guys who can't get bolt out of the strut fork. Since the fork spans the CV it needs to be taken out to get the CV out.

And alignment isnt required after doing it... but couldn't hurt to have it checked after having the entire front end torn down.
    Those strut fork bolts are a PITA. I'd recommend for everyone out there to apply never seize on that bolt everyonce and a while. My buddy had to torch off the lower control arm when we installed his 4 inch lift because the fork bolt pretty much welded itself to the inside of the LCA bushing. LCA's arent cheap either. He ended up getting one used from a junkyard for around $200.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Its been a few months since I've posted in here. Today on my way into work I hit 100,000 miles! Had to pull over for a quick photo.

Last month I did a lot of work to the XK. I installed a new MOOG inner tie rod and dealer outter tie rod on the drivers side. I also took out my BDS rear spacers and replaced them with OME HD coils along with new upper and lower coil isolators. I also installed a Rusty's adjustable rear track bar, new Timken rear wheel bearings/hubs on both sides with new axle seals and finished it off with some fresh differential fluid.

I scored an amazing deal on an Air Flow snorkel though the distributor here in the U.S. for $100 shipped to my door. It was missing a few major parts (to include the template for drilling the fender). Total instal time was approx 16 hrs due to all the missing pieces and fabrication to the XK that needed to be done.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-29-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Nice! I know a lot of work went into that install.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    For sure man, looks great!!!
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Thanks! I'm sooo buying a plasma cutter before summer. That would have saved me hours on this install.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    That looks awesome...

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information