Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 07JeepXK's Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Total cost $175!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Looking great
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Antenna relocated to driver's side....

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Hey did you adjust your own rear axle? Just curious how hard was it to get it centered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Hey did you adjust your own rear axle? Just curious how hard was it to get it centered.
    Yes I adjusted it myself. What I did was adjusted the new track back to the same length as the oem track bar. Then made a couple extra turns to make it a little longer. I installed it and the axle was still a little off to the drivers side. Probablly due to me just installing the OME HD Coils and getting more lift out of it. This past weekend after I relocated my antenna I crawled under the XK and re adjusted it to make it a little longer and now my axle is very close to being centered now. Its not hard to do, however I couldnt figure out a way to measure to get it exact. Close enough is a lot better then the axle way off to the drivers side. Once I fix the front end and take it in for an alignment ill see if they are able to get it dead on.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ok I'll try it worse case I'll get a 4 wheel alignment.

New front drive shaft and all three bushings for the front differential are in. Looks like i'll be having fun tonight! That and ill fix the issue of the rear drive shaft hitting the gas tank skid plate.

UPS and FedEx visited me today!

Brand new Lower Control Arms and Jeepin by AL HD Upper Control Arms with Hummer H1 replacable ball joints!

Install is complete! I'll post pictures later. It goes in for an alignment tomorrow morning. Drives great!

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information