Thread: serious question about 6" lift

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I saw some double stacking threads around. I don't want to loose my wheel travel either. What parts in the suspension are causing the limits of the lift. Is it just the upper and lower controll arms?
    The whole IFS is whats limiting your travel. I think you would need longer front control arms,long travel struts of some kind. I also don't know how much the rack and pinion is limiting it? I think getting rid of the rear swaybar and putting "disco's" swaybar disconnects up front will give you a bit more travel too...
    Double stacking is kinda Ghetto IMO. They used to do that in the old days with blocks in the rear,and was totally illegal in the state of NJ. If you don't get better coils up front you'll feel very wobbly side to side. I noticed it with my RC Spacers up front .
    Solid axle swap will probably cost a couple thousand to do it right. You might need a different t-case if you cant get the driveshaft on the same side as the front axle. Then a new steering box and all new steering components,then to get the geometry correct so you don't have any death wobble like Cherokees get..

If I was going bigger I would do the 4"or4.5 from Rusty's offroad,a set of 33s and just pick better lines when your wheelin. My 01 Cherokee with a 3.5" Rubicon Express lift,trimmed fenders and 33 BFG KM2's it handles all the blue,green and a couple of black trails in Rouch Creek. Then again it was a solid axle coil sprung vehicle !!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rouchcreek8.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rouchcreek9.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rouchcreek5.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	389
    Last edited by 06blkhemi; 12-11-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Thread Information