Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adondo's garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Schematic for my HID lights.
    The relays follow the original lights at all times, the HID's are switched after the fact. The high beam lights follow the OEM lights. You dim the beams, the HID driving lights go out. The fog light switch is an override. It makes the HID converted fogs stay on at all times, instead of going off with high beams. (As per original Jeep design) With the override switch off, the fog HID's go off with the high beams turned on.

Mounting for the front set:
    Aluminum angle piece with braces underneath. The lights are more solid than mounted to the plastic trim.

HID ballast buried under the little headlight access door.

Set of HID light relays.

The fog light relay center tap. (As noted in the schematic) My extra added white wire is soldered to the center terminal.
    Last edited by Adondo; 12-29-2010 at 01:06 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I see you have a EZ-UP Canopy. How do you like it ? We bought ourselves one for Christmas, a white Commercial grade 10 x 10.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

That's also the commercial version. The top is heavier, there is no network of rafter ribs inside, just long runners going up each corner. (Leaving an open roof inside) It's a heavy beast, maybe 40 lbs. more than the cheaper Costco version, but it's a nice top. I also have the sides for it. It weighs about 85 lbs. so it ain't easy to get up on the roof rack.

We usually use it for art shows, but it does come in handy at other times. It worked great for camping out. We only needed it the one day, and it was packed around on the roof rack 'til we set it up. The 10x10 is large enough to get under. Setup/take-down only takes about 2 minutes. I used bungees to attach it to the Jeep in case the wind decided to come up. It works good that way, one edge goes over the back hatch door, so the Jeep's interior becomes an extension of it.

By the way, what is it about holiday weekends, does the weather always have to go to crap?!? The weekends before and after? Not a wispy puff of cloud in the sky. We never did see a mountain in 600 miles of forest service roads.

We also snow camped once. The sides are solid, but you can get a set with clear windows. You can also get screen sides for summer. We had a little generator running with a long cord, and a 1,500 watt heater inside. It snowed while we were in it. The generator died during the night, and nobody was about to go outside to refuel it, so it was nice in there 'til then. Something started snuffling and rubbing the sides about 3am. We were in our sleeping bags with only ping pong ball eyeballs and the bores of pistol barrels showing. The next morning, we found elk tracks outside. (Expecting bear, cougar, Sasquatch tracks) That's the only thing about solid sidewalls, no way to see outside when the door is zipped up.
    Last edited by Adondo; 12-29-2010 at 02:15 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, we got the side panels also, no screens. I was thinking you could have a heater in there and it would probably do ok. We also got the metal feet to help hold it down. Like you said, the whold set weight about 80 lbs it seems but it does have 2 wheels on the carry bag.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt
    Thank you for sharing
    I love the white with the black wheels
    2006 XK LIMITED
    HEMI QD2 RR 2 1/2 inch lift BFG 265X70X17 TA
    4XGAURD belly plate, trans skid plate and rock rails
    Mopar engine skid plate Spider track spacers
    Custom made CAI and MBPRI cat back
    Hypertec Tuner

I've kinda' sorta' tried to keep with the black & white scheme, but started adding chrome here and there. (New grill, door handles, etc.) But, for the most part, I do like the black and white look too.

Notice the grill. I added heavy screen (from a Lowes storm door kit) behind the grill bars. It's painted flat black along with everything behind it. (Everything behind the grill is hosed down with flat black paint) That makes a high contrast look for the Jeep's 7 grill bars, and makes everything behind them invisible. I thought about a B&G grill, I think they're really cool looking... but... they destroy the Jeep's look. In fact, a Commander with a B&G almost looks like a Land Rover or something else, but not a Jeep.
    Last edited by Adondo; 01-04-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Nice XK and mods. VERY inventive. Thanks for the pics and ideas.
    - Keith -

07' RedRock Crystal Sport XK, 4.7 Flex, QDII, leather, power liftgate, remote start, moonroof, skylights, power pedals and seats, Boston Accoustics, 20% tint, Mopar skid plates, splash guards and slush guards, 2" RC lift, SpiderTrax, Kelly TSR 265/70/17 .

Just got done a couple days ago... new LED dome light conversion.

Here's a shot of the rear ceiling light, I used a pair of LED patch lights. They're wired together with solder & heat shrink.

Lit up at night. There's a patch light in each front dome/map light, and the ceiling light. The passenger lights still have the bulbs. (And look like birthday candles now) The bulbs gives a filament load to the computer. If everything's LED, the lights don't work right.

Oh yeah, I also got a set of license plate lights. The plate has daylight on it now.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Do you have source and part numbers for your light conversion?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

I got them from this seller on eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/Fyre-Flyz-LED-Store

Just search for "Jeep"

Shipping is superfast too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information