Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Adondo's garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    you have a great looking XK Sir
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Why, thank you.

I'm kinda' sticking to a black and white theme. The black front windows help. Even my decals on the other side are white. I did put some eBay add-on chrome door handles on, but someday I might pull 'em off to go back to the original black ones. I still have my painted grill in the workshop rafters, but I like my chrome front end. (Thanks again, eBay)

I do like my tires and wheels. They bring the rubber edge right up to, and (maybe 1/2" past) the fender flares, rather than 1.5" back like OEM. I've noticed a difference on sand too. That extra 2" width makes sand easy. I went over some dunes a couple weeks ago, and where I had to get a little run at a dune hill before, it putts around like the stuff is a paved Wal-Mart lot. We're heading to the Oregon coast, so I can't wait to see how she does on the beach this time. Last year, I still had the OEM wheels and tire size, and it was okay 'til we hit the deep and loose stuff away from the high tide mark. It struggled a bit, then again, you can't even walk easy in that stuff.

Looking at old photos, I have to say the biggest change in its looks are those big tires and Ultrasport wheels.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

So I was wondering if you live in KPR considering I saw it on your GPS..... I work out of Wallula
    2006 Jeep Commander, 4.7L QT II
    Homemade Roof Rack or Thule Atlantis 2100
    Comming Soon: 6000k HID's, Lift and Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
    Garage - http://www.xk-forum.com/showthread.p...0918#post10918 OR http://www.cardomain.com/ride/392715...ort-utility-4d

Yes, I do. In the 'P' part, actually. (Pasco for everyone else. )

We'll have to meet up soon and 'wheel around the junction of 730 & 37. (The Holdman road) There's some dunes there, and a few steep challenge climbs, even tho it's only a measly 10~15 acres or so. Also, we discovered a while back the road that takes off from Madam Dorian goes all the way to the road that leads up to the winery on the hill. (The place past Peirce's Green Valley, but I forget the name of the place) It's a long way, and the road clings precariously above a cliff over the Walla Walla river, but we've made it.

If you're into camping out, we'll have to meet up and head for the Tieton ridge area. It's not that far past Yakima, and the roads are like spider webs up there. There's also an old abandoned lookout tower overlooking Rimrock Lake.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

@4wheelaholic
    also a good spot to wheel in your area (OR side) is TSF. thats where I have been playing at alot when in OR.

I would like to run some trails with you guys up here in WA too. Its nice to run with some other Commanders here in the PAC NW. Plus I have a friend that lives not that far from the "Slad" with a JK thats lifted that wants to play as well
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

I assume you mean ''The Slab'' which is near Zillah. (Or Buena; both towns are wide spots in the road) It's a rat maze to find, but once you've been there, it easy enough. The last part of the route skirts an orchard, and follows a ditch road. It's named for a large concrete slab that looks like maybe it was a barn floor or something. It's a great place to 'wheel, and is about an hour west of here.

As for TSF... ??? A Google search finds "Tillamook State Forest' which is at least 6 hours from here. There's an ORV park in Morrow county, but even that's 3 hours south.

Last edited by Adondo; 06-27-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Yes TSF is in OR. The spot I go to is here http://www.offroadatlas.com/lyda-camp-ohv-staging-area. I had brought it up because I have been going there the last 2 years & thats where the videos I have posted are from. I also brought it up because it looks that 4wheelaholic lived in OR so it would be closer to him (I was guessing, because it is not that far from portland)

The Slab is what I was talking about & my friends lives down the street from there & sent me pic's have not been there yet but want to go out there & play to see what it is like.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

New shoes

My new Wild Country M/T 265/75/R17's.

My usual boat launch photo site. I cranked up the fill light in Picasa because the tires were too hard to see.

In the dunes. They make a heckuva difference too. For one thing, they're pushing 11'' wide, so they float much more than stock 9" wide tires.

A closer view

Had to do a little trimming on the fender well plastic. A utility knife does it pretty easy, as it's not much worse than a notebook cover. The lines end up exposed, but are just out of the way. Just. The infamous pinch weld isn't a problem for these tires, although 285's probably would be. For the front, I just removed the plastic air dam. It's made to be removable anyway, and is mentioned in the manual for removal during off road use.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Those look great! How is the road noise? They fill out the wheel well really nice
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information