Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Adondo's garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    The M/T's have a kind of herringbone pattern, so they're not bad at all.

We have a company truck with similar tires for going on remote radio sites. They rattle teeth at low speeds, and are pretty much a log truck on the highway. Their tread bars are crossways, and the ''bars'' whump down one after another. With the diagonal/herringbone pattern, each bar is starting to touch the road as the last one picks up. So, no hammering of the tread lugs. At least that's my theory, because they are very livable. I actually expected much more noise than they make.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Adondo View Post
    The M/T's have a kind of herringbone pattern, so they're not bad at all.

We have a company truck with similar tires for going on remote radio sites. They rattle teeth at low speeds, and are pretty much a log truck on the highway. Their tread bars are crossways, and the ''bars'' whump down one after another. With the diagonal/herringbone pattern, each bar is starting to touch the road as the last one picks up. So, no hammering of the tread lugs. At least that's my theory, because they are very livable. I actually expected much more noise than they make.
    that sounds a heck of a lot better than the BFGs. The pull in the rocks and dirt/mud really was a huge step over the old ATs I was running, plus they look great!
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Thought I'd update the garage thread with some new photos.

My Chrysler 300 sitting at Toll Gate Oregon. It's at home in the snow - it's all wheel drive. We got 25.8 MPG on that run. (This last President's Day)

Top of the world. (Well, about 1,000 feet above the Columbia River anyway)

Another view.

This area can be nerve wracking to wheel in. Super steep everywhere, and loose rocks. Just getting to this place is rare for full sized 4x4's as mostly bikes and quads are up here. The "road" leading up is about 30 degrees and stair-stepped from dig-outs of 4x4's that can't make it up. It's kind of a scary place to crawl past, and the QT II system is almost at limits to get past that place.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

A silly sticker.

An appropriate amount of dirt on the sticker.

The new LED light bar.

New front camera for break-over hills. (Where you can't see anything but sky over the hood)

7 inch monitor that replaces the rearview mirror.
    Last edited by Adondo; 02-22-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Why does that place have to be so far away.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    How are you liking that Surco basket? I have been thinking about the 50 x 70 version.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

It's great for mounting lights because of all the flat pieces between the rails. It's worked good despite some of our camping trips looking like we need to take freeway exits to go around overpasses so the stuff doesn't get scraped off.

The only thing is the lack of floor; you need to add mesh like I did. Mine only has maybe three rails across, so anything like a bag just ends up on the roof of the Jeep. Expanded mesh would work, but I got lucky and got that fantastic surplus surgical stainless steel fish screen stuff.

If I had it to do over, I'd have gone longer with it.

Here's a shot of the Foxwing deployed. Notice the mesh floor.

You can see the flat interconnect pieces here. You can put about anything on one.
    Last edited by Adondo; 02-22-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    In that second picture it looks like you have the XK specific channel mount, yes? How tall does it make the basket off the roof?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    looking forward to coming out this summer to play out there
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Here's before and after of my Jeep's Totron LED light bar setup.

Before...

And, after...

I'm still undecided about it's looks. One thing is for sure, I do love the sheer massive amounts of light they produce!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information