Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Black Rifle Fans out there?

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar

Any Black Rifle Fans out there?

Haven't seen any gun activity on the forum lately. Anyone a fan of the infamous "Black Guns"? I picked this up for christmas:

Here's one of my Remington 700 SPS Tactical(.308) with the 15:

She's completely bare right now but I'll do some changes eventually to get it the way I want. I prefer the iron sights to scoping it though so I'll probably leave it with irons only. I have a red dot and a 4x40 if I want to use it for any hunting or tactical use.

See if you guys can guess what the AR 15 cost me? Post your guess and I'll tell you if you're too high or low.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I will have to get my toys out and take a picture or two over the next few days.

My guess is that the AR cost you around $800 but I could not see a maker stamp on it.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Too high.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am a " black rifle " fan, although mine isn't black anymore.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

What did you use to color your rifle neil? Looks pretty nice. I am just planning on switchinng a few parts out to modify the color. I like alot of the magpul accessories and the color choices they have available.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just used plain ol' spraypaint from Tractor Supply. They have the camo colors. I did spray on an etch primer first for a little better adhesion. I know it will get scratched up and burned off alittle but that just gives it character. Its easy to touch up also. I wouldnt do this to an expensive or old rifle. I only have a grand in both.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    What make is your AR? I'm gonna guess $600.

BTW, the Magpul PMags are great!

600? Too High. I guess that's close enough though.

I ordered this one from two different companies. The upper is a Del-ton rifle kit 16" flat top mid length gas tube model ($465). The lower is Aim suprlus lower stripped model ($59). Not too shabby for $525. Everything comes with the upper including the trigger assembly and the lower is only the lower body completely empty.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ASL&groupid=53
    https://www.del-ton.com/ProductDetai...uctCode=RKT104

althought the rifle comes with the trigger guard i've already put the magpul modified trigger guard so I can use gloves with the rifle, and a magpul hand guard. I'll probably get the pro mags next alog with the angled fore grip from magpul. I'm going to two tone the rifle with the magpul foilage green accessories and keep the black center. Hopefully it turns out all right.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I have a nice Bushmaster AR but am considering building another with an even shorter barrel.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I like the ACOG with the flip up CQB sight. You get the best of both worlds, you can reach out easily to 400 meters then flip up the CQB sight an easily acquire targets from 0 to 100 meters. Throw on a gangster grip like Neil has (which by the way is in the wrong position brother) and you should be set. I've had the switch for the light mounted to both the gangster grip and the magazine well. Well the one on the grip was more convenient it did risk accidental discharge of the light.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information