Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Black Rifle Fans out there?

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Just took mine out for the first time today. Shoot's pretty well. When I sighted it in i used a laser bore sighter and did it at much too close of range. Maybe 20 feet. It was shooting a bit high. easily corrected though. I first shot some seller belliot brass through and had no issues whatsoever. I then switched to some steel case Tul Ammo(polymer coated) from Wally world to see how it would handle it. At first it was having some issues feeding the ammo. After about 5 failure to feeds almost in a row it cleaned out whatever was ailing it and fed just fine. I'm going to experiment with it a bit more before deciding if i like that ammo. I'm wanting to try some sliver bear and golden bear to see how well they perform in the ar as well. I had to leave the range earlier than i wanted b/c i was with a friend and his wife and the wife had to go pick up their daughter.

I also tried out some new handloads for my .308 (in the pic). They seemed to be right on the money. I was using federal brass, 42.5gr varget, and sierra match king 168gr HPBT. With sandbags i can keep it around .5moa at 100 yds. My buddy shot it and I told him not to get up too close to the scope. Guess he didn't quite remember that on the 2nd shot and left with a bloody swollen nose his wife was laughing and told him it made him look tougher and a bit like rocky.

Also had my Ruger MKIII w/ red dot which is my favorite to shoot(kinda cheeting with the Red dot). I get so used to having both eyes open I start to shoot my iron sighted pistols with both open and it throws off my aim.
    And last but not least my Ruger P95. I also tried some Tul Ammo in this gun and it seemed to have no issues whatsoever. never fed wrong at all even when mixing it with some winchester brass rounds.

I took a .380 keltec and a .22 mag Revolver but the range my buddy chose charged by the gun!!! 9 dollars a rifle and 10 dollars a pistol! What a ripoff. I decided not to check these two in as they aren't quite as fun to shoot as the others and wasn't worth shooting two or three magazines worth for 10 bucks each.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    " Gangsta Grip " ? Damn dude ! Seriously, I had it out further but it just feels better there. As for the ACOG, I'd like to get one. You may not like it so much when the .mil isn't paying for it !! Lol !!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    " Gangsta Grip " ? Damn dude ! Seriously, I had it out further but it just feels better there. As for the ACOG, I'd like to get one. You may not like it so much when the .mil isn't paying for it !! Lol !!
    Gangster grip is seriously what we call it here there was no meaning behind it. I know it feels better closer to the mag well but the further you can get it out the more stable you are. I always had my light mounted on the side so the grip can be put out as far as possible which is one of the many things I learned from the dudes that don't really exist.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    dudes that don't really exist.
    They wouldn't be flying around in blacked out choppers and driving bad-ass sand buggies would they ? My buddies brother in law always called it a " tango down ". For the longest time we didnt know what he was talking about. We still jokingly refer to it as a tango down. LOL ! ( I may experiment with some re-configuring )
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

spent a couple of deployments on those choppers (SOAR) crazy pilots.

Blog Entries
    I think that would be a cool ride at night, as long as I had some NVGs. I couldnt stand just sitting there in the dark.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    I think that would be a cool ride at night, as long as I had some NVGs. I couldnt stand just sitting there in the dark.
    I'm usually getting a nap in before they drop me off LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Good thread, guys. I want an AR-15 but haven't got the money around yet. How does he quality of fit etc seem on the Del-ton? I missed a recent sale of M&P 15's for about $550. I"m hoping that comes around again someday when I actually have the bucks to spare.

Also, there are so many options for building your own, it's hard to tell what to get.
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I had no problems whatsoever with mine. It shoots great and gets great reviews. It seems that customers of the company are always repeat customers. You can customize the deltons as you order it so it comes with what you want (what you can afford in my case).
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Cool

I've got a few...

BCM 16" standard profile 1: 7 bbl - Aimpoint Pro/ADM68 Co-witness mount - Troy rail & BUIS - Magpul furniture - Surefire E1B light - Gearsector light mount & sling

Addax custom built 14.5" 1: 7 bbl (p/w Phantom comp to make the overall length 16.1") - DD Lite 12.0 rail - Troy BUIS - Magpul furniture - Aimpoint T-1 in ADM Co-witness mount - Insight Proxima HX120 light (strobe) w/Viltor offset mount - TacticalLink Z360 mount & single point sling

My most recent acquisition!

The LAST rifle ever built by Kevin Johnson, of Johnson Tactical, LLC here in Pittsburgh (he moved to Seattle at the end of August and got out of the rifle building business) - my 18.5" SPR. Specs include:

• Comes standard with a 1/8 twist, 18", Medium Profile 416SS barrel. Available with a number of other barrel options (See Below)

• Full Auto Carrier, High Pressure Tested and Magnetic Particle Inspected Bolt properly staked and lapped flat carrier key. Chrome lined Young National Match carriers available!

• Barrel chambered with matched bolt

• Standard with Troy Extreme 13" Rail. (Mine utilies the 15" Troy tube!)

• Available in Rifle or Intermediate, or Mid gas lengths

• 11 degree target crown

• Low profile gas block

• A2 Flash Suppressor (PWS FSC556 in my case)

• Polished M4 feed ramps

• Mil-Spec Forged 7075 T6 upper receiver with T-markings, forward assist, hinged dust cover, and M4 feed ramps.

1. These uppers feature my Limited Life Time Warranty.

2. High Pressure Testing followed by Magnetic Particle Inspection assures a rock solid bolt.

3. 223 Wylde chamber increases accuracy and works with 5.56 NATO or .223 SAMMI spec ammunition.

4. Every upper is built by one person from start to finish.

5. I guarantee that every SPR Upper will hold sub-MOA groups and prove that by sending you a picture of the test!

6. I custom fit the rail/upper, chamber/bolt, gas block/barrel, and comp/flash hider interfaces to insure a highly accurate build.

7. We align our barrel blanks to 2/10000 of an inch bore alignment before threading or chambering!

8. These are uppers are built for pushing the 5.56 to ranges unheard of before. I use the Gritters or Two Line method to chamber my SPR barrels. It adds UP MOA to the shot allowing you more elevation at distance.

Quality Assurance

Every single upper that Johnson Tactical produces is fully tested before delivery to the customer. We feel your paying for quality and our job is to insure that is what you are getting! We start by manually inspecting every part, then as the build progresses it’s fit with the other components. Some parts are hand fitted to ensure tighter tolerances. A good example of this is the gas block to barrel fit. This needs to be precise to eliminate gas leaks
    I also went with his custom nitrided barrel, which includes;

-Only available with a .223 Wylde chamber currently.

-Includes a Headspaced, HPT/MP bolt with extractor upgrades

-Carbine, Mid, Intermeidate, or Rifle length gas systems with a .750 gas block seat that is 2" in length

-Single set screw seat indexed to the gas port

-Barrel lengths in 12.5, 14.5, 16, 17, 18.5, 20, or 24 inch

-18.5" lengths and longer are chambered using the two line method and timed up

-Available in a 1/7 or 1/8 twist rate (traditional rifling)

-My base profile is a modified medium contour.

-Comes standard with a 11 degree crown

-Threaded 1/2-28 at the muzzle
    As for the pics;

Other mods include - Geissele SSA-E trigger - TroY TRX 15" Extreme tube - PWS FSC556 brake - Harris bipod - Young National Match BCG - Leupold Mark AR scope in a LaRue SPR-E LT139 mount - Magpul ACS stock - Ergo ambi-grip - Optima 2000 microdot in DD offset mount - Troy BUIS.

I put Vltor/BCM Gunfighter Mod4 (medium) chargers on all my AR's - I'm something of a Magpul fanboy, too.

I don't cut corners on my training rifle, either. Tactical Solutions .22LR upper on a Precision-Aero lower with ARF-X stock - DD Omega 12.0 FSP rails - Aimpoint Comp M (1st generation) in a QRP co-witness mount - PentagonLight in a Viltor CK mount - Magpul AFG - Ergo amb-grip - TacticalLink 2pt. sling - Black Dog Machine mag

Yeah... you could say I dabble in black rifles...

p.s. - my NEXT "black" rifle, will be FDE. :-p
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information