Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any Black Rifle Fans out there?

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Well this one works fine for me: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ver&groupid=11

It's only $59 and must be shipped to a local dealer. It's nothing fancy so if you're into that kinda thing it might not be what you want.

On another note: I got a 22lr conversion kit today. Can't wait to try it out (neither can my wallet). Also got the Magpul MBUS rear site. Like it so far. Need to do some sighting in (although it should be close cause I bore sighted it already).
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
    I think I will have the lower fixed or just get new one. I can not afford to have any doubts as to how it will perform.
    If you've got a few EXTRA bucks burning a hole in your pocket, may I be so bold as to suggest... http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=LWR-BCM

Of late, I have ordered them with the trigger of my choice (Geissele ), but otherwise stripped. I can usually swing deals on gently used stocks, grips, and even trigger guards on gunboards, and save money over retail new. I've been dealing with Grant for 4 years now, and I've never got a bad lower from him; even when I ordered a BCM 'scratch 'n' dent' special (cosmetic blemish/factory second), it runs as well as my factory new BCM lowers!

I'm running his lowers on 3 of my 4 rifles, with nary a burp in all these years!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    Started its life as a Saiga AK "sporting" rifle, no pistol grip, trigger moved about 2" to the rear, I like it and its fun to shoot .223 BTW

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img0156cj.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	1074
    Parts:
    Tapco G2
    Tapco folding stock
    Tapco SAW grip
    ProMag poly 30rd
    Saiga steel 30rd
    Tromix charging handle
    carolinashootersupply.com bullet guide
    brownells aluma-hyde II
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Cool

Just realized my OLD lineup, in front of my cabinet, was waaaaaaay out of date. So here's a spankin' new pic of MY black rifles - including one that ain't!

The ubiquitous Listerine bottle, makes yet ANOTHER appearance!

I gotta make one of those "gun locker" threads, eventually!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Great Setup
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Very nice!
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Very nice everyone!

I'm actually researching so I can build my first AR. So, any advice is welcomed. It will be mostly for HD and when/if SHTF. So far I know I want a 5.56 flat top upper with a 1x7 twist, preferably chrome lined. No quad rail gaurd but, a modular unit to place pic rails where I feel necessary. Iron sites with option to mount optics and standard collapsable stock. Brand names are not a "must" but quality is. Also, this will be a budget build. So, if you guys have spare parts that fall into the previouse categories....please let me know.

Any input or advice/suggestions? Please be cival as I am a total newb to this platform, thanks.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    I'm actually researching so I can build my first AR. So, any advice is welcomed. It will be mostly for HD and when/if SHTF. So far I know I want a 5.56 flat top upper with a 1x7 twist, preferably chrome lined. No quad rail gaurd but, a modular unit to place pic rails where I feel necessary. Iron sites with option to mount optics and standard collapsable stock. Brand names are not a "must" but quality is. Also, this will be a budget build. So, if you guys have spare parts that fall into the previouse categories....please let me know.

Any input or advice/suggestions? Please be cival as I am a total newb to this platform, thanks.
    How FAMILIAR are you with AR15's? Will this be your first AR EVER? If so, I'm gonna recommend buying a COMPLETE rifle (Colt 6920) FIRST - especially a good one, like the Colt - so you can see how it's made, how it works, get used to field stripping & cleaning it, and how it handles with a variety of ammo.

I'd owned AR's for 18 years, and shot tens of THOUSANDS of rounds through them - before I started tackling the building process. They're not complicated, but they aren't idiot-proof, either, and building something that's got to contain CONTROLLED EXPLOSIONS, is NOT something you want to approach lightly & half-ass!

Tell us your firearms background, and lets see what we have to build on.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    How FAMILIAR are you with AR15's? Will this be your first AR EVER? If so, I'm gonna recommend buying a COMPLETE rifle (Colt 6920) FIRST - especially a good one, like the Colt - so you can see how it's made, how it works, get used to field stripping & cleaning it, and how it handles with a variety of ammo.
    I'd owned AR's for 18 years, and shot tens of THOUSANDS of rounds through them - before I started tackling the building process. They're not complicated, but they aren't idiot-proof, either, and building something that's got to contain CONTROLLED EXPLOSIONS, is NOT something you want to approach lightly & half-ass!

Tell us your firearms background, and lets see what we have to build on.
    Well, I just recently (1-1.5 years) have gotten into the firearms world. I have always been intriuged by them, but not sure why it took me this long to start buying/shooting. So, to answer your question........not much experience. But, I'm a fast learner and learn quicker by hands on experience. I'm not affraid to field strip anything just to see how its put together and how it operates.

As far as ARs go..........zilch, nada, zero, nill, ect....experience. But, the action on my 10/22 has way more parts yhan the AR.

I'm not opposed to buying a complete rifle, but would find it more appealing if I built it myself.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information