View Poll Results: What smart phone is better?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Droid

12 85.71%
  • iPhone

1 7.14%
  • Blackberry

0 0%
  • Other (please explain in your post)

1 7.14%

Thread: Verizon: iPhone vs. Droid?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I am currently looking at the Thunderbolt by HTC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    After what I posted about the Iphone 4 apple has gone to far this time. It's anyone's guess what's next from them. I Recommend going with the anything running the droid software.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'm impartial to any brand...

I see absolutely NO benefit to the iphone, not a single one.

I'm an Android fan; plenty of phones/features to choose from as well.

Member Looking for Dirt bigmaninds's Avatar
    I do have to say iphone. I am a Verizon customer and I did check out the android but was not impressed with it so I got the iphone. The features that I like are that my home computer, my work computer (which are all Mac), my iphone are all in sync. If I need a file from any one of those computers and I have my phone I can get that file super quick. The operating system on my iphone is super quick. Its small, sleek, and compatible with my other computers. Thumbs Up iphone.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    The Droid x is the one I fancy. It has a mechanical shuttered 8mp camera and 720HD video recorder built in. My contract comes up around june and that's what I'm planning on switching my BlackBerry Storm out for. The nicer Androids are also WIFI hotspots for up to 5 laptops!!!! How cool is that(and you don't have to pay for it). The phone acts as a portable router (like having a data card) streaming from the Cell broadband and broadcasting by regular wifi to your wireless capable PC. You can add a 32gb card for some hefty memory holding as well.

Apple has no removable memory, you can't use it as a router, you have to pay for most everything worth having, and you have to either have apple products to use it to it's full potential (which I don't) or use Itunes which sadly doesn't work on my two linux based laptops. Don't get me wrong though the Apple is a nice piece of machinery just not as versatile.
    Last edited by superacerc; 04-22-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    I have the Droid X and love it. I switched up from the BlackBerry Storm, I wont be shocked to see BlackBerry go out of business, or just be a manufacturer of Android phones soon. Only issue I've had with my Droid is, it didn't work when I went to London and Paris a few weeks ago because it doesn't have a SIM card. Other than that, it's awesome!
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Quote Originally Posted by XK N00b View Post
    I have the Droid X and love it. I switched up from the BlackBerry Storm, I wont be shocked to see BlackBerry go out of business, or just be a manufacturer of Android phones soon. Only issue I've had with my Droid is, it didn't work when I went to London and Paris a few weeks ago because it doesn't have a SIM card. Other than that, it's awesome!
    That was the only drawback i found with the X. The Droid 2 is international capable and has a faster processor (1.2ghz instead of 1 ghz) and a the pull out keyboard. However i like the larger screen and the camera on the x. I do go overseas on occasion and would like to have the 2 for that reason but I use the camera on a daily basis and would benefit more from that. My black berry is capable of being overseas so i'll just keep the phone for if I need it. (just have to have it unlocked at a roadside phone boutique in europe and buy the sim card for whatever country I'm in).
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    The Droid x.... what I'm planning on switching my BlackBerry Storm out for. The nicer Androids are also WIFI hotspots for up to 5 laptops!!!! How cool is that(and you don't have to pay for it). The phone acts as a portable router (like having a data card) streaming from the Cell ............
    i have the X as well but i went with the mifi for free. If you have to pay for the service (unlike some people) it was cheaper to
    get the mifi free and monthly fee than to add it to the phone.

? I didn't think you have to pay for the wifi hotspot ability. It's on my wife's android phone and I don't think we pay for it. It's on the unlimited plan.

Thread Information