Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wookie's Garage

Wookie's Garage

So here is the new Jeep. So far just installed tow hooks. Need a hitch next and may attempt the Mopar remote start.

Finally learned how to post pics properly too.
    Old: 2006 Base, 4.7L, QT-II
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Looks nice. Commanders look right at home in the snow too, don't they?

So what do you think by now? The XK's drive system pretty much nullifies what's on the ground doesn't it? My only irritation about driving in the snow is other drivers and their useless spinning wheels... they're IN MY WAY!
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

That's so true around here too. Got to load test the tow hooks the other day and pull some one out of a snow bank. The Wife slid into the ditch the other day at an intersection on black ice and just drove right out leaving another SUV and pick-up stuck there. I don't mind driving the the worst of conditions and at the posted speed too. We have added a few feet to the snow pictured, I may try to get another pic from the same angle to compare.
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

Front Mopar Tow Hooks

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    The hooks look nice! I would have definitely bought the Mopar version if I had the approval from my funds manager (wife).
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

So the XK tried to mate with a F350 the other day. Results weren't great but everyone was OK. No damage to the F350 as it was lifted and the XK met with the hitch reciever. Road conditions were crap and Buddy in the F350 cut across 3 lanes of traffic, cut off 1 other driver, and decided to turn left from the wrong lane. My wife tried to stop but still slid into him. Hopefully insurance sides with us but we will see. Buddy was a real *sshole until I showed up still in uniform, then he went a hid in his truck. So without further ado some pics.

On a better note I found a full set of skid guards with tow hooks for $100. Just have to get the XK back now.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about the XK bro glad you got there to put that guy in his place I know the type. Nice find on the armor thats pretty cheap, now you have an excuse for a steel front bumper!

So the grand total for damage done is $7018. Now we wait................................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information