Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Name (URL) / Getting Found by search engines

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Question Forum Name (URL) / Getting Found by search engines

Let me ask you a question...

I am trying to get this site in the search engines and am concerned that the name XK-Forum may not provide enough to search with. What are your thoughs?

Other possible options include:

jeepcommanderforum.com

thecommanderforum.com

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Just my personal opinion but I really like the name "XK-Forum".

If you type in Jeep Wrangler Forums in google JK-Forum.com pops up so there should be no reason why this site isnt listed when you do a search.

Is there any way you can contact vBulletin or someone to find out why its not showing up when you do a basic search?
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 06-14-2010 at 10:55 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    A neighbor I and were discussing this very same subject and when I mentioned XK he asked what is that. Funny how many first time owners aren't used to the model designations.

You could list a few of them that all link back to xk-forum.com. I did the same with a couple of my websites.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Is there any way you can contact vBulletin or someone to find out why its not showing up when you do a basic search?
    I have to get into the search engines, it is like getting into the phone book. It takes time before the spiders start to recognize key words in your form or META tags, it will happen over time but it is slow when you do not have a lot of hits and very few posts.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
    You could list a few of them that all link back to xk-forum.com. I did the same with a couple of my websites.
    That's what I was thinking, no matter what the name is (commander in ot or not) it takes a while to move up the list. But I can buy more URLs and link them to this site (Depends on how much I want to spend).

I wonder if North American XK Association has been taken. "NAXKA", Kinda like NAGCA and NAXJA. I know there are probably members from across the pond and beyond, just throwin' it out there.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I have to get into the search engines, it is like getting into the phone book. It takes time before the spiders start to recognize key words in your form or META tags, it will happen over time but it is slow when you do not have a lot of hits and very few posts.
    have you submitted it to search engines? i would the top 10
    if you put a link to my website, I will put one on mine. The more the merrier. and you dont have to advertise....just bury a link. or better yet, start a section where people can put thier websites. you may have to clean it up on occasion.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    We definately need to get the word out.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    even searching for XK forum the site don't show up. But yes we need to make it identifiable to people searching. A few short months ago if i searched Jeep Commander and saw XK forum I would not have clicked on it because I would not have known what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    even searching for XK forum the site don't show up. But yes we need to make it identifiable to people searching. A few short months ago if i searched Jeep Commander and saw XK forum I would not have clicked on it because I would not have known what it was.
    On BING search, it is the third one from the top if you type in "xk forum" and run a search, a few links or something would probably come in handy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information