Thread: Membership Drive

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Membership Drive

What can we do to get more people over here? This is a great site and I hate to see it sitting here with the small group of members. Anyone have any ideas for a membership drive or contest that can get others to join our forum?

I get a dozen hits a day or so but they are mainly all spammers and as you have noticed I do not let many of them if any in the front door.

I am open to all suggestions.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I think Google is partly to blame here. If you search for jeep commander, jeep commander help, jeep commander lift kits and so on the other forum is at least on the first page. Until this site gets up there new members will be slow I think. I for one list my garage link to this site in my sig on the other site and post a lot over there. Short of recruiting people from the dark side I'm not sure what else to do.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    We were one of the top sites but you are correct, we need constant hits to stay there.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    More xk-forum.com dacals on our XK's! lol

How many members do we currently have?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    More xk-forum.com dacals on our XK's! lol

How many members do we currently have?
    there are 187 registered members but some have never posted so I am not sure if they are real or not.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Hmmm...I would have thought that there were more members then that on here. Looks like im going to have to change my MOS and start recruiting....
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I noticed things slowing down on the other forum as well. When I had my first question with my Commander about 2 years ago, I found the other forum. I had some specific things I wanted to do - lift, tires, winch mount, front receiver hitch and others. The atmosphere on that forum (and this one) is friendly, respectful, and mature. So I hang around for other stuff. Eventually put a roof rack on and a spare tire mount on the roof rack. But my interests in mods have pretty much been satisfied.

I'm still interested and want to help others as well. But as the newness of the vehicle fades, I think the forums are fading a bit. For me, it is mostly a virtual social group.
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    I see the other forum as a good place for newbies to get good info on their XK. That said, there is a lot of duplication of information there. This forum seems more focused and filled with deeper knowledge of modifying for offroad than the other. That may seem off base, but its how I see things.

I was lead to this forum by members of the other forum to get more information regarding suppliers, etc.... That is a great way to get new members here, but we all have to be active in doing that.

Agree that both forums are getting quiet, but might just be a seasonable thing.
    Last edited by strokeZ; 01-19-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I agree with it being some what a social network we do plan a lot of trips and stuff I think that keeps people motivated. Also the Jeeps are getting older now and more are hitting the used car market that being said we will be getting a lot of new members being first time owners. Also since there aging more will have issues as well. Those things should keep people coming around and hopefully get bit by the off road moding bug

Thread Information