Thread: airbag light won't turn off?

airbag light won't turn off?

i was wondering if there was a way to reset this myself? i took my commander in to get an alarm installed at bestbuy. i know they would fix it but i would rather do this on my own and not have to take it in and wait for it.

anyways, i got the alarm installed and noticed that the airbag light was on the day i got the alarm installed. i forgot about it before i left for a road trip and now that im back it is annoying to see.

so... is there a way to reset the system like there are for tjs and grand cherokees? i never tried it but i think you have to turn the key a few times or something like that? anyone know how to do that?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I await an answer to your question as well. there are days when my airbag light stays on and then the next trip it is off, not certain why that occurs but I am open to comments on this matter.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt
    Check the fuse boxs I had same proplem a Dealer looked at it for me they said it was a missing fuse no idea how it was missing
    2006 XK LIMITED
    HEMI QD2 RR 2 1/2 inch lift BFG 265X70X17 TA
    4XGAURD belly plate, trans skid plate and rock rails
    Mopar engine skid plate Spider track spacers
    Custom made CAI and MBPRI cat back
    Hypertec Tuner

I have the same problem after installing my new head unit. I am thinking it is a fuse. I'll check today and let you know what I find.
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

So finally checked to fuses, but I realized I spliced into the can-bus wiring for power on my new AVIC HU. Which is most likely why my airbag light is on. I'll have to rewire. I'm a pro at removing the radio at this point. Anyone need my service in the denver metro area? lol
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

Thread Information