Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOLD: TJ Wrangler

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar

SOLD: TJ Wrangler

TJ Wrangler for Sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this TJ new and ordered both the soft top and a hard top with a removable front overhead section. I added a tube front bumper and a winch. I also had a rubicon rack with two blitz gas cans added to the rear. It has oversized tires and quick disconnects on the front sway bars and an aftermarket stereo system with the sound bar on the center roof roll bar and it has side nerf bars. It also has diamond plate rear corners and a CB radio

The hard top also has a light bar with several types of flashing lights similar to a tow truck light bar.

A few years ago a friend of mine was having money problems so I gave him this Jeep and paid the insurance and registration for a couple of years to help him out. I just got it back yesterday and it is at a shop of a friend being checked out and detailed. I have not seen it but I kept it detailed and it looked new when I gave it to him.

Here is a picture of the TJ.

It has the 4.0L six cylinder, automatic transmission, soft and hard tops, new brakes, 110,000 miles, it had 70,000 when I gave it to him a couple of years ago. At that time I had a Jeep dealer go thru it and he changed the timing belt to be safe and replaced all the tires. It is a 97 model and I kept it in storage at the family compound in California for several years while I traveled. I would take turns either pulling the Mustang convertable on a trailer behind the motor home or towing the Jeep TJ. I have had no problems with it. I tried to give it to my grown sons earlier, but they parked it in the garage. They said it looked too much like a police car and their friends kidded them about it. I love my sons but they are not typical kids, they are computer nerds.

It is located near Washington DC. A friend of mine went back to take care of getting it checked out in a shop and to get it detailed for sale. He may have even sold it today because I told him he could. My aunt is paying for the wedding of her grandaughter this month and I am going to sell the Jeep and send her the money to pay for the wedding, otherwise I would just keep the TJ. However, I do have too many vehicles as it is for being on the road. I usually have to store one or more at a time.

I looked up the Kelly blue book with the options that it has.

Trade in value..............$6.400

Private Party sale..........$7,765

Retail..........................$9,240

I am only looking to send my Aunt $5,000 but there will be expenses for the shop, detailing, and a commission for my friend that is doing this for me.

If you are interested PM me and we will see if it is not sold yet, The owner of the shop was drooling over it and it may be gone.

edit: I forgot the most important thing....It has a gold miner hood ornament just like my Commander.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 01-21-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    That is one nice Jeep! It's pretty cool your helping people out. The price seems low I don't think you will have any issues selling it. I'm glad I'm on the other side of the country I'm suppose to be saving my money and that thing would be tempting.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    It would make another great toy but I have enough toys. Someone will get a good deal here.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    That is one nice Jeep! It's pretty cool your helping people out. The price seems low I don't think you will have any issues selling it. I'm glad I'm on the other side of the country I'm suppose to be saving my money and that thing would be tempting.
    he said its in DC. you can be there in 5 hours.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

I missed that LOL but I need to stick the money in my XK. Huey if you want I can repost this into a local forum for you let me know I won't do it without permission. It has a big 4sale section that always seems busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I missed that LOL but I need to stick the money in my XK. Huey if you want I can repost this into a local forum for you let me know I won't do it without permission. It has a big 4sale section that always seems busy.
    Thanks Sal. copy and paste it if you will. I suspect that is will be gone by Monday.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Ok I threw it up there I hope someone buys it that plans on using it and will appreciate a nice jeep.

Update: The guy that I let use it must have really not liked me. He trashed the Jeep beyond belief. I had it shipped out here to AZ on a car transporter and I wish I had just left it in Maryland. Doc is selling it with some fixes or as it is. It certainly was a shock to me.
    2007Jeep Green Limited

That does really stink man. Some people are just users in life and have no respect for people or there property. It happens unfortunately when you help people out. If you were closer I would of took a look at it as a trail jeep but getting back to the east coast would mucho expensive as you already know. I hope someone cool ends up with it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    How much does it cost to ship a vehicle? If its in good mechanical condition it may be worthwhile...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information